what prices - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2002, 16:53   #1 (permalink)

Question what prices

hey just wondering if n e one could help...

alot of people seem to want to change the cpi to mpi...somehow i have been caught up in it all...

just wanting to know the prices i would be lookin at to convert it from cpi to mpi

i need to know the overall price such as.. parts and installing the parts ??

otherwise could some one tell me the parts i need and how much they would cost and also the price to install
thanks...

mind you if n e one knows how to do it and would like to do it for me i could pay.$$

thanks very much
God_of_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2002, 01:10   #2 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Hi God_of _Trance,

Prices for the CFI -> MPI conversion have varied quite a bit from what people have said on this topic.

When I did it I think I got a good deal with the parts because for the stuff I got from the wreckers it came to $150 the lot and then I had to buy a gasket from Ford which cost $26.

Parts you will need:

1. The actual intake manifold with the fuel gallery and injectors with the injector wiring loom and also the fuel pressure regulator.
2. Fuel pump since CFI runs at 100kpa and MPI runs at 200kpa (I think)
3. ECU
4. Cold air box including new filter.
5. Air conditioning pump bracket
6. Throttle cable.
7. Distributor.
8. Intake manifold gasket.

I think thats all.

Instillation took me a good day simply because I didnt have my tools (they were in shipping along with the rest of my furniture from NZ). If I did it again it would probably take 3-4 hours.
I did this on a 5 speed and didn't run into any problems with the computer (it was out of an EB auto) with inhibit switches etc.
There are 2 problems I have to fix now. First I didnt change or modify the wiring loom from the computer and there are a couple of wires that are different. I think this is causing the Idle Speed Control Device to not work. At the moment I have the idle screw right out to keep it going. I got a complete wiring loom from another EA yesterday (that will be a b1tch to try to put in), so hopefully that will fix it. The other problem is I now have a heavier right foot. Much much heavier. Something about wheel spin in 3rd at 100km/hr? Or the fact I can keep up with a lot more cars? I dunno. But this one is easily fixable.
If you need help I will be in Melbourne on saturday. Id be keen to maybe come and work with someone else as well since Im not an expert on cars or anything. Anyway, if you have more questions, feel free to ask.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:11   #3 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

PS, my time would be free as well. Just call it a favour between FF members.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech