What should I do?? NE help appreciated! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2002, 23:12   #1 (permalink)
antigravity

What should I do?? NE help appreciated!

How's it going?

Basically, I just wanted to know what kinda mods I should be looking at to make my CFI, 3 speed '89 Fairmont go better..

At the moment, it's basically stock, apart from it being lowered 1.5 inches, and a 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent sports exhaust from the cat back.

It's pretty goddam slow, I think it might have something to do with the stuffed throttle cable (worn at the clip), but what should I do now?

I crashed the damn thing, so I gotta fix the front left side panel, and the front bumper, but apart from that, i'm looking to make it go faster. What is the most effective, and/or cheapest way to go. (i'm a student..)

NE advice would be great, and rough prices would be even better!

Thanx
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2002, 00:04   #2 (permalink)

the absolute best thing you can do in my opinion is to convert to a 5speed manual. it will feel alot faster. look at saving up around $1000 for it.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:26   #3 (permalink)
kj1881

Manual conversion

I'm in a similar predicament but for a EBII '93 Falcon. I recently had my gearbox replaced but the wanker did it before asking me. So i had no choice but to stick to an auto. It pisses me off and i want a manual. But i love my ford and i ain't gonna start on a new car. What is the best option to go for. It is column shift auto. Four or five speed Manual. What is so special about this T5 everyone here raves about. Is there a better gearbox to chuck in?
Old 04-03-2002, 07:36   #4 (permalink)

Re: Manual conversion

hmm... If you crashed the thing, then perhaps making the car faster should be the least of your priorities... :)

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:32   #5 (permalink)

Re: Manual conversion

well the t5 is special because it fits straight in and it makes one hell of a difference over the auto, it really feels like a whole new and very much more powerful car with a manual. you could use any manual box though.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech