Ford Forums banner

Where Is It??

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Xyphoid 
#1 ·
i am putting in an S pac dash today and everyhting worked straight away when it was plugged in except the oil gauge which goes way off past the highest level.
Does anyone know where i can find the oil pressure sender on a ED 4.0l engine.
I thought i found it at the front of the motor with a wire attached to it on the right hand side but the holoe is way too small!!
Please help!
Thanks

#2 ·
From memory, the Oil Pressure sender switch is located on the Passenger side of the engine, about 3 inches above the Oil Filter, and Back about 1 inch towards the Cabin.

Very hard to describe exactly where it is, but If you look around the Oil Fileter area (above and Back) for something with 1 single wire hanging from it, then chances are that you found it !

Cheers
Matti

#4 ·
Your car wont have a pressure sender, it will just have a low pressure sensor I think.

You'll have to go to the wreckers and get one from a S-pac or higher model

The sender is grey and circular also

#6 ·
oil pressure sender

I already have the sender, i got it along with the Dash.
I just need to know where to put it.
Does it go where the old sensor was/is?
Where is it i ran out of daylight so i couldn't find it.
Thanks again
Dan

#7 ·
Yeah, she goes exactly where the Old Oil Pressure Switch is.
Should be a simple matter of removing the Old one, using a little bit of loctite on the new Oil Pressure sensor, so as you dont get any Oil Leaks, and fitting it in place !

P.S. How much did the Oil Pressure sensor cost you ?
Ive got a friend whom had his EF engine replaced with an EL, and everything is sweet, with exception that the EL has a Pressure switch, not a pressure sensor !

Cheers
Matti

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.