wierd sounds - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2002, 05:43   #1 (permalink)
EF2 Fairmont

Question wierd sounds

Recently I drove up to Sydney in my EF2 Fairmont, and about halfway there i was crusie'n the highway at about 100kph and the car made a studdering feeling. So I stopped at the next servo and recheck all my fluid levels ( even though none of the guages where showing anything diffrent) and also gave the car a quick check and found nothing.

So back on the road again it started and continued radomly for the next 300k's of the trip offen a hour apart or sometimes really close. So at Holebrook I called into the NRMA workshop for a look see at what could be happening. He could not think of anything either but took it for a 15min test drive but to no availe, as it did not happen again. He though that it may of been dirty batch of fuel? or the computer adjusting to a long drive, as ive never really taken on a good run just city running.

So all in all this happen on the way up and back down from Sydney but not while just driven around in sydney or when I got back to melb. So im really stuck as to what it could be, im taking it back for the dealer to look at it 2morrow but would also like to here ppl's thoughs on it
mr^messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2002, 07:21   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Weird sound or feelings? Anyhow check:

a) Not tempory tyre tread seperation that can happen on long trips at higher speed and gives rythmic thumping.
b) You didn't leave the missus in the boot again; I mean it's all right around town but they tend to start thumping on the boot lid on those longer trips.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech