Ford Forums banner

Will 4 speed auto bolt to 250 block?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  9psi EB 
G
#1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if an EB 4 speed auto would bolt up to an XF 250 block. If not, how about putting the 3 speed bellhousing on the 4 speed box?. What about flex plate and convertor?. Has anyone done this type of conversion?.
Thanks,
gg

#3 ·
The bell housings are different.

The computer would cause a rather large headache I would think, but I'd suggest giving castlemaine rod shop a call, they seem to do all the whacky stuff that you wouldnt think anyone would do.

#4 ·
The 3sp came out in EA so I guess there is a way to do it..Pluss there was heaps of taxi's that put 3 speeds in where the 4 speed stuffed up...

#6 ·
Why dont you just put in the motor, gearbox and ecu, all you would need is XH engine mounts, save heaps of time and possibly money too. The 250 will be a slug.

Otherwise you will need a tps, tach signal, ECT, etc from your 250. It will be hard to get tps if it's carby. Try castlemaine rod shop for a bell housing.

Regards
9psi EB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.