will au fan fit ebII Radiator??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2002, 18:10   #1 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

will au fan fit ebII Radiator???

Hi got a qutoe on a au thermo today for $250 just wondering if it would fit ok on the EB II. The clutch on the other is on its way out and i think this is a better way to go. I did a search allready on fans and found a ew things but not enough. I know the xh ute i think runs thermos and a eec4 so how r they wired in can i get the parts from ford. I read posts saying it wont run with eec-4 but then i thought well dads ute has them on i think its the xh its the ef equivelent longreach ute and has thermos mounted with the eec-4 so there must be a way. Would that be the better way get the xh thermo stuff that aftermarket stuff or isnt it compatable.

Please any help would be great

Steve Barrett
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2002, 19:03   #2 (permalink)
The cat in the hat

EL fans fit much better....AU fan shroud is unique a shape and doesnt go close
unfortunately the EL fans re $366 but they fit!
after a lengthy discussion with our in-house ford tech guru everything after the ED is EEC-V wether it runs a coil pack or distributor....this includes XH!
As for wiring the thing up, an aftermarket (blasphemer) thermofan sensor and switch would be a very easy & cheap solution
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 19:38   #3 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

Quote:
Originally posted by partsguy

after a lengthy discussion with our in-house ford tech guru everything after the ED is EEC-V wether it runs a coil pack or distributor....this includes XH!
Does this mean mine is EEC-V even though I have a EEC-4 airbox and inlet manifold??
Old 03-05-2002, 20:25   #4 (permalink)
The cat in the hat

Quote:
Does this mean mine is EEC-V even though I have a EEC-4 airbox and inlet manifold??
Yes it's true Ryan, there really is no Santa Clause..I mean pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...d'oh I really mean pay no attention to that EEC-IV on your aircleaner lid!
All XH's are EEC-V
The major difference between IV & V is diagnostics systems that arent even used for the better part in AUS..
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 21:16   #5 (permalink)