Windscreen Washer Jets and Door Locks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2002, 14:28   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Windscreen Washer Jets and Door Locks

How the hell do those washer jets come off! I read on here that u twist em round and they just pop off, they twist round ok but they dont pop off! it's really shitting me cos I wanna paint them

I figured out whats wrong with my drivers side lock too, the actual lock itself functions properly, but the hinge thing on the door catch thing doesnt work, well it does work but doesnt work cos the hinge thing for the lock doesnt move enough. Is there anyway I can adjust it or do I need to get me a new catch, I tried taking the catch out to see what I could do with it and I had no luck trying to get all the connections off it so it would come out

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2002, 15:53   #2 (permalink)
ferrite1234

there will still be the sqeeze in type clips holding them in you need somthing flat either side push them in, they will be brittle by now so go easy $45.00 ea new sorry door locks to tricky you need small hands
Old 05-21-2002, 15:57   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I painted my washer jets while still on the car. You'll find that newspaper or whatever slips right underneath easily, so the rest should be self explanatory.

However, I didn't do a great job (just a few coats of paint and that's it) so if I ever need to replace my jets, I'll take more care next time.

PS I too tried and failed to get them off. Sundeep was telling me how it is done but I forget now. :(

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:10   #4 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

I'll give it a go painting them on the car then, I quickly gave that thing under the windscreen and the aerial surround a couple of coats of gloss black and gave the aerial surround a couple of coats of clear aswell and it makes the car look new again. Just needa get the washers matching them. I'll do the thing under the windscreen again properly and do the rear view mirrors, the black surround thing on the back doors and the black things on the tailgate in 3 or 4 coats of gloss black plus a few coats of clear on top. Should be looking real sweet once done

Ed
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 02:15   #5 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

You'll need to dismantle the door. I supect the fitting on the handle is bent or broken or has become detached from the lock mechanism. You have to take all the interior trim (including the remote mirror trim) off to get at it and you need that girlfriend with the double jointed long skinny arms to get inside and detach the handle.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:28   #6 (permalink)

Yep, getting those door locks off are quite tricky.
As i am a qualified mechanic (diesel), i found it took me about 30 minutes to get it out and 10 minutes to get it in.
That's all the trim off, all the links off (what i could). It does take a bit to align the links back in, i just undid the rear window rail guide so i could manouver the lock into place, just a bit of contorsionism and you will get there.
CatMech

No Longer a Ford Forums Member, have now gone to
www.BSeries.com.au

EA Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 17:55   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I found it pretty easy to remove when replcing the locks in our EAII.

As someone else said, its good to have little hands.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech