X series ute/panelvan owners HELP! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2004, 01:32   #1 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

X series ute/panelvan owners HELP!

i need a bit of help with the locking mechanism on the spare wheel well that is on utes and vans. ill do my best to explain and hopefully you all know what im talking about.
firstly there is no key for the lock (but i have another lock with a key for it) so the local wrecker said to just drill the lock out and thats that. AFTER i drilled the barrel of the lock clean out i realised that this aint gonna open the hatch and all its gonna do is allow me to get the lock out which i have done.
now there is the hole which the lock sits into and in that hole i can feel the bar that was connected to the lock which in theory if i pull it down it should open the hatch right?? well it doesnt and it doesnt push up either. i can just see when its being pulled down a wire looking bar coming down with it near the actual hatch lock. if anyone could go to the effort of opening their hatch on their ute or van and take a pic of the actual lock that holds the hatch in place so i can see how it works then i might be able to work out how to open mine.
if you know of a simple way to open this then let me know.
if by chance that no one can help me by the time ive finished work tomorrow ill head down to the wreckers and try and sus it out
thanks in advance, dave
davway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech