XD monts same as EA engine monts ?a 351 into a EA will it go ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 19:33   #1 (permalink)

confused XD mounts same as EA engine mounts ?a 351 into a EA will it go ?

Gday,
Im just woundering if any one knows if that the XD has the same engine mounts as a EA.What i want to do is take the 351 out of the XD and put in the EA........as anyone done this before or know of any one ?
The EA has a 3.9 on gas and the XD is 351 on gas so i guess you could take the 351 out put in the EA and put straight on the gas ?

Also would the 9inch diff off the XD fit stright on under a EA ?

The EA is in top order with full EB GT body kit and respray all it is missing is some good old aussie grunt,so i feel it be worth while doing abit of work in the engine bay to make it a speacil EA EB GT :) :s6:

Any ideas would be great
cheers,

This is a pic of the beast front on :s4 all she needs is a 351
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (18.0 KB, 324 views)
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2002, 23:29   #2 (permalink)

frown Hmmmm

assuming that the 351 you are planning on installing to an ea shape body, is a 351 Cleveland, your gonna have a lot of trouble and an empty wallet... clevelands are too wide for the later model fords, and all require strut tower mods. i have already had this quoted @ approx $8000 which is a waste when considering that the 351 windsor bolts straight in. but then with decent power upgrade you have to realise that the t5 (if manual) will never be able to handle the power, and that the Borg Warner 21 3 sp. auto will have an unhappy short life. Top loaders and C4's (or better) are the only substitute, and are also the best value for money, but then you will also have to modify the transmission tunnel. Once you have completed all this, then it comes down to a 9" diff, which will have to be fabricated to suit the coil over shocks instead of leaf spring.... if your lucky, you might be able to find one in the trading post for under $1200.00 but in my opinion i think the better alternative to spending $20 000+ on a V8 EA 4sp. falcon, i'd rather prefer a vl turbo commodore (just kidding), nah seriously, consider twin turbocharging a 4ltr 5sp. (tremac tko or 6sp tremac t56)... Zoom Magazine have already turbo chargerd a 4.0ltr and managed 450 engine bhp on 10psi of boost.. also you have decent economy, with adjustable boost pressure (low boost for cruising and high boost 18-20psi for racing) and this would be a fraction of the cost of running and building a V8.

sorry if this sounds dis hearting but it is reality, maybe you should rethink this, like i have

daniel

if you need more info e-mail @ FTR40@Hotmail.com
FTR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 16:44   #3 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

just rememeber too that you have to meet adr's to be able to register it. Get an injected 302 widsor and stroke it if you want a fast V8....
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 21:18   #4 (permalink)

mmmmmmm

i really dont know,I thought that engines from the XD would fit the EA because i was told that the engine mounts are the same which i gather they are.

what i was planing because the EA EB GT is a nice car its just gutless i thought the cheapest way would buy a old XD and take everything out of that and put in the EA but this sounds like not the case here,I was hoping that the stuff from the XD would nearly bolt in with out to much work.
Ive got a top loader i spose that wouldnt fit either ?

so what ill be better off doing is taking the body kit off the car flog the car off and put it on my other EA which has a Xr6 engine in it which is about 10 times faster than The ea eb gt 3.9 on gas twin turbo it and put a ssix speed in it ?

what do you say is better a supercharger or turbo ?

all i want is a nice EA with lots of power so i can show everyone up who knocks fords :)
Old 06-24-2002, 21:38   #5 (permalink)

TWIN Turbo is comparable to Supercharger...

Single turbo compared to supercharger, go the supercharger for sure. The Turbo has that major laaaag factor :(
AcidBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 21:53   #6 (permalink)

i priced one from CAPA for a 4 liter XR

powerdyne stage 2 boost 9, 225kw $5,997.00

how does this sound ?

people might say its a waste of money spending money on a old EA but i love them there top cars nice compact looking cars and i love the EB GT body kit the best around i reckon

we are lacking Sexy powerful EA's on the rd
Old 06-24-2002, 21:54   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

here is an article I scanned from a 1991 issue of street machine about the 351 powered EA if you are interested...

http://donutking.fordforums.com/phase5/p1.jpg
http://donutking.fordforums.com/phase5/p2.jpg
http://donutking.fordforums.com/phase5/p3.jpg
http://donutking.fordforums.com/phase5/p4.jpg
http://donutking.fordforums.com/phase5/p5.jpg
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 22:05   #8 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Yeah, but that's a Windsor not a Cleveland.

Don't do it.

I think the car in the above article went on to become this one.
http://eafalcon.com/eagt.htm
Note the rumoured reintroduction of the GTHO nameplate back in 1991. Still waiting.......
Old 06-24-2002, 22:30   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for that donut king

i think theres to much work for a simple idea i had
and after all that work to do the 1/4 mile in 15.4 it hardly seems worth it its nothin to get excited about but sure would sound a treat :)
Old 06-24-2002, 23:09   #10 (permalink)

Is it CFI or MPI, Manual or Auto?

If its CFI, convert to MPI ($500?)
If its Auto convert to Manual ($1000?)

Once thats done, book car into Jim Mock Motorsport in Melb for the DEV 5 package, $4500 later you will have 230Kw+ Normally Aspirated

Should be good for very low 14s or even 13 sec 1/4s
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech