Xe ESP Front Guards - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2002, 07:27   #1 (permalink)
351 windsor for the xr

Xe ESP Front Guards

As you all probbably know by now i'm doing up my esp.
What i would like too know about the front guards is i have noticed even when i bought the car the front wheels are very close towards the fornt of the guard i know this car has had a hit in the front.
but i have seen pics of esp's with the same thing but i hve seen xe where the wheel is in the middle of the guard if anyone colud help me out i would greatly appreciate it because i wanna put 17inch rims on it and don't know how it will come out.
P.S. if any one has pics could u please email the to me
XXXESP@HOTMAIL.COM
TUFESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2002, 20:17   #2 (permalink)

There was a service tsb on xe esp for fender clearence when they came out it involved bending up the inside edge of the guard a bit and a few other things. i have it at home will dig it out tonight
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 02:34   #3 (permalink)
ESP Member

Um, I had a quick look at mine, the wheel does seem to sit closer to the front than the rear. Although it may just appear that way because they taper off at the back, if you know what I mean. If you want I can take measurements for you. Never seen and XE with 17's before, but no doubt it would look sweet! Currently I am running 225X50X15 but did have 235X50X15 on the front and they rubed on the guards so they had to get liped. Im running 265'sX50's on the back and the car has King superlow springs, so I have no doubt you could fit some nice 17's on there.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:45   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XE-ESP
Um, I had a quick look at mine, the wheel does seem to sit closer to the front than the rear. Although it may just appear that way because they taper off at the back, if you know what I mean. If you want I can take measurements for you. Never seen and XE with 17's before, but no doubt it would look sweet! Currently I am running 225X50X15 but did have 235X50X15 on the front and they rubed on the guards so they had to get liped. Im running 265'sX50's on the back and the car has King superlow springs, so I have no doubt you could fit some nice 17's on there.
You're running 225x50x15's how's the speedo reading, the standard tyres were 60series x 15"

I've always run 225x60x15s on my XD ESP but what you are saying about the front tyres - there are scuff marks on the back of my front bumper where the tyres rub on full lock. Mine's lowered too but not too much.

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN / XD ESP
Old 09-05-2002, 06:00   #5 (permalink)
ESP Member

Smile

The spedo is about 15km out? its on the to do list, But i want to change those damn diff gears, so no point doing it till then. Its not so bad actually I allow for the seed difference with out thinking about it now. The problem is when i drive somebody eles's car and everybody is overtaking me! Then I realise im doing 15km under the speed limit :-)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech