Ford Forums banner

XE Fuel pump probs

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Chris5ltr 
#1 ·
Hi guys I need your help again with my bros XE...
In case some of you dont remember his XE EFI 6 developed a miss and was just plane running like crap..
Anyway he took it to a machanic and was told the fuel pump was on its way out and the injecters were stuffed.(not sure what this would have to do with the miss) but when he got it back the miss was gone...but he couldent get up to speed fast without the car stalling and he was lucky to get it going over 70km/h.
So I got a electric fuel pump off a mate from a old XF EFI 6 but the EX one is inside the tank (as some of you would know) and the EX pump is mounted outside the tank.
So what I did was took the EX pump out and replaced it with some fuel line going all the way down to the bowl like yellow thing the electric pump would site in..
Then I mounted the XF pump in the boot just neer where the fuel hose's go in the tank.
Now the stuped thing won't start!,we pulled the fuel line off where it goes to the injecter rail and turned it over and it apperes to be planty of fuel pumping so im thinking it could be no spark some how.

Anyway what I really want to know is have I gone the right way about mounting this fuel pump??
Opinons,advice please

Sorry for the long post,I just want to make it clear for you :)

Cheers

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.