XE lighting options? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2003, 07:51   #1 (permalink)

Question XE lighting options?

Hi all, I just stumbled across this forum and I'm impressed! Great stuff here.

I run a neat & tidy 1984 XE GL Falcon that is fairly stock, and I have been dissapointed with the standard "glow-worm" headlights. AS I am starting a new job in the next few weeks I will have to do a fair amount of night driving, and thought it would be time to do an upgrade. So far I have adjusted the headlights (made a reasonable amount of difference :)) and fitted some 100/55W globes from Super-Cheap Autos to the headlights (brightened up high-beam a bit). After doing this the sides of the road and everything is lit up okay, except I want more "range" in the lighting.

I was thinking a set of spotlight-like driving light things would be good, so I can have 2 beams of bright light going straight up the centre of the road. Now the question is do I:

* Buy some of the stock S-Pack driving lights from the wreckers & maybe put higher wattage bulbs in them?

* Buy a set of cheap spotlights/driving lights (say 100W) and fit them on brackets under the bumper like S-Pack driving lights or

* Fit a set of cheap spotlights on a bracket in front of the grill, so they are on the same level as the headlights?

Given that my car is fairly neat & tidy I would like to keep it looking original if possible, so maybe the S-Pack driving lights with upgraded bulbs would be a good option?
Craigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2003, 08:04   #2 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Try looking at the Hella +50 Xenon Halogen lamps . They are a standard 55w globe which will give you an extra 75 to 100m seeing distance. These can be fitted to the latest polycarbonte lenses ( i have them in my BA ) , with out fear of melting the bezel or lense . Seeing as you have glass , you're laughing .You'll be amazed at how different they are. They are roughly $60 per globe from memory .
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech