Xf Build up.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2003, 05:21   #1 (permalink)

Xf Build up....

Hey, new member here 17 yr old with high hopes of getting a Ford XF for his firsty...I was extremly thinking of taking the old interior and changing it to a dark colour (probably black) and ive seen a few posts about VHT i think it was, but another thing that is puzzling me is the fact the XF dash and console is ugly....too whats the word, plain, i was wondering if you are able to somewhat put in a later model console, even dash ?

Also with the sound system i want to crank in, what would yo suggest ? i was thinking cheap Prosound 6's in the front doors, 2x 6x9 in the back dash, and maybe a 12 inch or larger sub in the boot, but, i want maximal bass "in the car" i know the XF backseat has the arm rest thing that pops down, is there anyway to mount a subwoofer in there without having to spend great deals of money to get it done without plopping out with vibrations ?

would love to hear opinions about XF's if youd like to share ideas, dilema's upsides etc, thanks

BooST
JZ2Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2003, 01:31   #2 (permalink)

Dont waste your money on prosound! at least go sony, at least. Buy the best you can afford. Kicker is good for bass I have heard.
XESpakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 03:49   #3 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

With sounds dont skimp on parts cos you will only end up upgrading. Best to do it in the first place.

Ditch the 6 by 9's and leave the stock ones in. Chuck some decent splits up front. I have 5.25 infinity kappa in mine.
With subs you will only be able to go 12's unless you get really creative as their isnt much room heightwise directly behind the seats. I have one 12 inch JBL in the middle facing through that hole and one facing backwards towards the boot in the same box. If i did it again i'd have both facing forward. But it sounds pretty good to me. I'm using a jaycar 4 by 100 amp for subs and a shit sansui amp for my splits and 6 by 9's.

I would like to change my dash as well but its too much hassle. I think i will just upgrade the interior by buying a fairmont ghia. Thie interior minus the dash is sweet as.

If you do buy an XF make sure it is manual.
Hope this helps.
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:35   #4 (permalink)

Okies cool, im not much of a manual car person, im lazy and yeah im just wanting to get out there on the streets with me and my beast, dont want to have the instinct to try and race my pride and joy into the wrecking yard......but as for the sound system i checked out the sony's range, F*ucking expensive hey all up a system i want would set me back around $700 ? and as im only making like $270 weekly i cant afford to do that right now thats why i chose prosound
Old 05-07-2003, 07:57   #5 (permalink)

Although $700 does seem expensive , i'd dare say your only just hitting the tip of the iceburg. If you need/want something straight away then go with prosound , however if you can hold out and save that bit extra you wont be disappointed. At the end of the day your only realy getting what you pay for.
st00pid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:50   #6 (permalink)

xf buildup

ok now what is it you are after comp sound or are you just gonna upgrade the factory sound ,

either way dont go the 6x9's especially if you are gonna throw a sub in the works .just have factory speakers in the rear ,besides you dont drive from the rear of the car ,and you dont really hear the backfill sound that much anyways .so add what you would spend on your cheap set of speakers for front and rear and see what price that is ,

if want some fairly decent sounds go for a set of clarion 3ways at about 150$

otherwise if you can afford it id say a set of bostons ,or focals or PG tantrums these are splits and sound better but cost more then the clarions,

cant really say much on subs not had much to do with many of them ,.,....

but for ya speakers go to a car audio shop and get them to test them for ya ,,take a cd you listen to all the time as weell
Old 05-08-2003, 11:54   #7 (permalink)

one of a fairly good amps are the jaycar range which are pretty cheap .
Old 05-08-2003, 22:59   #8 (permalink)
Finnaly back

Nice choice with the XF, If you go into the showroom you will see the one Im building ("My XF rebuild (unfinished)"), also while your in there you might wanna check out a post called "Pics of my mates XF" posted by xf2506, its a green xf with part VT interior, and well you will see 4 yourself its fuking loverly :)

1 of 10 Fords
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 03:14   #9 (permalink)

Hey, just replying to all the posts here, i went in and checked out Marlows, Audio Masters, West End Digital and a few other little places, found that the amount i pay for a "pro-sound" set i could pay around $3 extra and get Pioneer!!!

What are some opinions on pioneer, should i hold out for a slight bit longer and save a little more cash, or go pioneer ?
Old 05-11-2003, 07:57   #10 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Thumbs up XF

Go the Pioneer, anything less is a bad comprimise.

Check my XF out as well if you want ideas.

http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...threadid=29932

ViGiLaNtE
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech