xf conversion how much - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2005, 15:56   #1 (permalink)

Question xf conversion how much

How can i find out how much it would cost to convert an xf to a v8 some body out there must have had the same idea and if so how much did it set you back .
robert73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2005, 22:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: xf conversion how much

You right, this topic has been done before. Do a search and you will find plenty of info. Easiset way is to buy a donor car, figure on $1000. I would Guess double it for someone to thow all the bit into your car for you. More money required to install it all properly (search and read about some of the trouble guys have been to to get the V8 installed properly) Then you need to get it engineered. Alot of work and money for an XF.
73gscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 23:56   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73gscoupe
You right, this topic has been done before. Do a search and you will find plenty of info. Easiset way is to buy a donor car, figure on $1000. I would Guess double it for someone to thow all the bit into your car for you. More money required to install it all properly (search and read about some of the trouble guys have been to to get the V8 installed properly) Then you need to get it engineered. Alot of work and money for an XF.
THANKS FOR THAT IF ONLY I HAD THE SPACE I WOULD DO MOST OF THE EASY PART MYSELF AND BRING IN HELP FOR THE REST .IM A TILER IF ANY ONE WANTS THEIR HOUSE TILED AND THEY DO THE CONVERSION LET ME KNOW. THANKS AGAIN
robert73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 18:03   #4 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

lol a mate of mine did this. alot of money and stuffing around. but if you truely love your xf and dont want to go to the easier option of v8 xe. prepare to pay dollars about 3 grand with out the motor and running gear but did cover brake upgrades and bending firewall in and engine mounts and all that nice stuff and fitting motor and gear box . but i tell you something dont go v8 old school like 302-351 coz it is alot more work the engines are heavy and fill to much under the bonnet up and so much work i think it would cost double that unless you can do it your self. coz he did a fuel injected v8 the 5l from a ed xr8 and that motor was easier to install less space taken up. motor is more compact and lighter. motor cost 3 grand stock. and gear box he already had. mate big dollars. good luck
libbys_xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 18:10   #5 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

just work the hell out of your 6cyl for that money you could have a fully unreall 250xflow and box and all that. and personally i love seeing hotted up xflow motors that just fully pound the v8. but i do love v8s dont get me wrong but alot of money ps xf dont have the strongest bodies either they like to sag in the guts and make it hard for doors to open i had and xf before this one that done a bit of towing i bit this unreall motor and before long it saged to much i pulled motor out and through the body away it was f**cked so keep that in mind when thinking about this. go the hotted 6 less dramas. ps my mate strangthend the underbody as well
libbys_xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech