XF S Pak Foglamp Installation/Query - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2002, 01:41   #1 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

XF S Pak Foglamp Installation/Query

Hey Guys,

My XF S Pak has the factory fog lamp brackets, and i assume this is the correct wiring (green coloured wiring near radiator with two round shaped connectors), and i also have the switch near the steering wheel column. Firstly, can i use any square shaped fog lamps in these brackets? or do i have to purchase a specific type...and secondly, when i press the foglamp switch, the light does not illuminate in the dashboard....i suspect this is because i have no fog lamps installed at the moment...or does that mean that the wiring is not connected at all?

Thanks

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2002, 01:52   #2 (permalink)
the man who cares

have you got some connectted now
FMXer's XF ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:44   #3 (permalink)

Re: XF S Pak Foglamp Installation/Query

Quote:
Originally posted by Extreme_2020
Hey Guys,

My XF S Pak has the factory fog lamp brackets, and i assume this is the correct wiring (green coloured wiring near radiator with two round shaped connectors), and i also have the switch near the steering wheel column. Firstly, can i use any square shaped fog lamps in these brackets? or do i have to purchase a specific type...and secondly, when i press the foglamp switch, the light does not illuminate in the dashboard....i suspect this is because i have no fog lamps installed at the moment...or does that mean that the wiring is not connected at all?

Thanks

Extreme
XD had SEV Marchal lamps
XE had Bosh
XF were Hella's - should still be available at good auto shops - they were white lens fog lights.

If there is no power at the connectors is the relay plugged in or are they wired through your high beams. The XD's weren't but I think both XE and XF were through the high beam circuit. Correct me if I'm wrong

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 08-04-2002, 04:08   #4 (permalink)

They are wired through park light circuit on XE and XF.

The dash light should come on regardless of whether you have the fog lights fitted or not - if it doesn't there is something amiss in your wiring - check that there is power to your switch when the park lights are on - check for blown fuse - check that the plug is connected at the switch.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:30   #5 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

Thanks

Thanks for your replies guys!

Youve jogged my memory...i remember in my old XF Ghia i had the factory lamps...they were wired through the park/headlamp switch, they wouldnt switch on unless the headlamps were on!

and yes...they were hellas!

so any hella square shaped lamps should fit into the brackets?

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

XF's had two seperate pieces of wiring - one for DRIVING lights (wired through parking lights circuit), and the other for FOG lights (wired through high beam circuit???). The dashboard light only comes on when the FOG lights are on. The loom for the switch (near the steering column) is for the driving lights only.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 05:44   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Thanatos
XF's had two seperate pieces of wiring - one for DRIVING lights (wired through parking lights circuit), and the other for FOG lights (wired through high beam circuit???).
Wouldn't that be the other way round? I would think the driving lights are wired through the High beams and the fog lights through the parking circuit. That way you could use your foggies/low beams without getting any reflection back off the fog.

My ESP is wired this way, I fitted driving lights above the bumper (wired with the high beams through a switch) and the factory Foggies were below the bumper - these operate through the ignition (ie off when car is turned off and on when key is turned to Acc or started)
I remember a lot of times driving between Adelaide and Melbourne you get a lot of Fog around the Grampians / Ballarat area, I would simply leave my low beams on and turn on the foggies, slow down a bit and Bob's me Auntie.

anyway enough rambling

Paul B
XR6WGN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech