Ford Forums banner

xf v8 project

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DansEdgli 
#1 · (Edited)
I come from NSW and would like to transplant a v8 into my 87xf.
Am after information how, where, what size engine, prices and pollution rulz and any other rulz that need to be followed to get engineered?
With all the rulz that need to be followed (depending on type of engine) what sort of power could I expect at the rear wheels?
Yes as well if anybody knows of one for sale in NSW let me know, would be greatly appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
he he, another XF Freak. That's my name on another Ford forum.

Just take one straight out of an XD or XE, do a little more work to it and drop it in. There are a few things that need to be done as far as I know, but there are a few guys here that have done the conversion already. I'm sure they'll help out a little.

*edit* - By the way, welcome to the forums!

#3 ·
Not sure about the legalities of it all but I think if you run straight gas and get it engineered it will be fine.
I have a 351 cleveland in my XF. All that was needed was XE V8 engine mounts and the engine, trans, new bigger radiator and all other little bits like fuel pump and new hoses.
The heater pipes have to be relocated to clear the cleveland's head. I currently have mine disconnected until winter. I switched from a manual to auto with the V8 but if going manual you will also need te different hydraulic clutch setup and everything else.

There is less clearance issues when using a winsdor V8 however.
Check for threads by me for pics of the conversion, It was only done a month ago.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.