YAY! All bugs ironed out!
Hey boyz, ive finally sorted out all my MPFI conversion hassles. You'll remember i had troubles with a few issues after
getting my car back. Hesitation at low RPM and the auto wouldnt kick up. I fixed the auto by taking it to the auto service people - they said that i had the wrong throttle body on the MPFI (from a 3spd EA) and it didnt have the dual TPS so the auto box didnt know what acceleration it was under.
They got a cheap throttle body and wired it all up for me.
That solved the auto problem BUT my car was still having troubles starting and would hesitate BADLY when accelerating.
Yesterday i decided too pull her all down and check out the wiring. To my suprise i found that the ISC solenoid wasnt even wired in to the ECU. The original CFI idle speed connector wasnt on the main manifold connector so the boyz at the mechs didnt have the ISC wired in. I simply cut one of the ISC wires (grey/white) and connected it to the ISC motor
connector (grey/white) wire and started her up. Kicked over and ran smoothly - I cant believe they had an auto electrical guy from ford there and even he didnt pick that up. But after what seems like a life time of ****ing around with this conversion, its finally running like a new car - Im very pleased with the results too. For those of you who r doing the conversion - do what GRK done and change the whole wiring connector over, otherwise you'd better be good with electrical wiring diagrams :)