4x4 Cortina - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 18:52   #1 (permalink)

4x4 Cortina

Unfortunetly I rolled my rangie on my last 4wd trip and only had it insured for 3rd party. So I now have a new project. 72 cortina body on to the rangie chasis!!! Its a bit different but I had both just sitting around rusting so I thought i would just give it a go. I have obtained a 4.4lt (I think out of a 87 rangie) that I am going to rebuild and put in to it. The cortie body should make it a hell of a lot lighter. Dont know if I am going to be able to get a cert. for it but thought I might just give it a go. Any ideas of who to talk about what I have to do to get a eng. certificate? Im in Vic
Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2005, 00:23   #2 (permalink)
sideways in a six

Re: 4x4 Cortina

mate i got no idea if i'd work or not, but good luck, keep us up to date for sure
Old 01-12-2006, 15:00   #3 (permalink)

Hi just an update on the creation, The body is on roughly, the fire wall is cutout to make room for the motor as it sits back a fairway. it is slowly coming together
Old 01-12-2006, 15:41   #4 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keita
Unfortunetly I rolled my rangie on my last 4wd trip and only had it insured for 3rd party. So I now have a new project. 72 cortina body on to the rangie chasis!!! Its a bit different but I had both just sitting around rusting so I thought i would just give it a go. I have obtained a 4.4lt (I think out of a 87 rangie) that I am going to rebuild and put in to it. The cortie body should make it a hell of a lot lighter. Dont know if I am going to be able to get a cert. for it but thought I might just give it a go. Any ideas of who to talk about what I have to do to get a eng. certificate? Im in Vic
I use to work for Range Rov Recovery here in Melbourne for 10 years and have never seen one factory fitted. The 4.4 came out in the P76 only and it can be hard to fine a manual flywheel for them. Sounds like a good project though.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 18:31   #5 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

I recon if you want to get it road registered you should call and engineer ASAP.
Some states you have to apply before starting work on the vehicle!
Also if you've chopped the firewall, then that is going to make things quite difficult.
Can you post some pictures? That'd be great!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:16   #6 (permalink)

The new firewall is now in, just about to put the engine in and then that will be it for a little while, as I need to get my ute ready for easternats(there is a bit to be done)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum