Cortina Diff info - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 00:49   #1 (permalink)

confused Cortina Diff info

I have a Chrysler Centura diff that is screwed but need this diff housing to go into another car it is a borg warner with the same splines as an xw falcon can anyone tell me the width of a cortina diff drum to drum and if my centura axles same splines as ford will go into a cortina housing.
Basically I need the centura width with 5 stud ford/chrysler wheel pattern.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
triancep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 14:22   #2 (permalink)
Turbo 351TC "Coming soon"

Re: Cortina Diff info

approx 1500mm the diff I have behind the shed only has on drum on it, but that'll be as close as **** is to swearing
TD302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 15:52   #3 (permalink)

Well thank you for that precise and accurate information I can now get myself a cortina diff and whack it in and roughly hope it fits and the rear quarters dont roughly chew up the outside of my tires but just makes a clean cut all the way around them so I can get them stuck back together........Hey maybe you could tell me how I would be able to stick them back together?
Obviously uou have never built a car yourself as roughly is not good enough.
Things need to be pretty accurate. If I was to go ahead with the information you have given me I would be out of pocket for a diff that may be of no use to me let alone the wasted time taken to procure the diff plus pick up time etc.
This forum is to help others and oneself not hinder so I would suggest that in future before you make an informed remark or advice then become informed first instead of misinforming others and making yourself out to be a tyre kicking idiot.
Correct me if Im wrong anyone.......but 1500mm is actually wider than a Falcon diff I think.

One of themeanings of the word forum in the dictionary is as follows:
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation

Expert being the operative word here!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should change your U/name to TDmissinformed

Dont take my comments personally but you are the last one in a long line of people who have led me astry and cost me money as I was stupid enough to actually think ppl on these different forums know what they are talking about

And I do mean all I have said in the Nicest possible way :)
Old 04-29-2006, 10:33   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triancep
Well thank you for that precise and accurate information I can now get myself a cortina diff and whack it in and roughly hope it fits and the rear quarters dont roughly chew up the outside of my tires but just makes a clean cut all the way around them so I can get them stuck back together........Hey maybe you could tell me how I would be able to stick them back together?
Obviously uou have never built a car yourself as roughly is not good enough.
Things need to be pretty accurate. If I was to go ahead with the information you have given me I would be out of pocket for a diff that may be of no use to me let alone the wasted time taken to procure the diff plus pick up time etc.
This forum is to help others and oneself not hinder so I would suggest that in future before you make an informed remark or advice then become informed first instead of misinforming others and making yourself out to be a tyre kicking idiot.
Correct me if Im wrong anyone.......but 1500mm is actually wider than a Falcon diff I think.

One of themeanings of the word forum in the dictionary is as follows:
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation

Expert being the operative word here!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should change your U/name to TDmissinformed

Dont take my comments personally but you are the last one in a long line of people who have led me astry and cost me money as I was stupid enough to actually think ppl on these different forums know what they are talking about

yeah brett, what would you know????? you tyre kicking idiot. LOL

hey traincep, welcome to the forums. you're off to a great start with that reply and after reading it i had to add my two cents.

i know your mum thinks your speeecial but just to increase that factor by a fraction i thought i'd enlighten you on a few facts. allow me as part of the audience to participate.

a TD cortina diff is 1320mm from flange to flange and 1468mm from rim surface to rim surface so if u'r measuring that with only 1 drum then it's a pretty close call at 1500mm. isnt that info good enough for ya to work out if it's gonna fit under the arse of your centura or whatever it is you need it to fit into?

now i got a few questions;
do u think a cortina diff is going to "bolt straight in" into a centura without any mods?

exactly how many splines do your xw/centura axles have? how long are the axles?

what kind of borg warner diff is it? i dont know jack about centuras but i know there are a few different diffs for a cortina.

you may have the dictionary meaning for "forum" but here's the Norm meaning for "life" - you dont get real far belittling ppl who offer thier assistance and there are more diplomatic ways to get what u want in life. you made some pretty severe and innacurate assumptions and have made a prize dick of yourself - which i do happen to find mildy amusing ya tool

and likewise i mean that in the sincerest possible manner.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg macro-specialkid.jpg (43.1 KB, 4 views)

See them both here <=-- Page Updated 15 October 2006
TaraHymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:36   #5 (permalink)

Quote:

HAHAHA your a clown..Dont take my comments personally "GO **** YOURSELF"
HAHAHA yep never built a car before hahaha you clown... Go to the wreckers then and measure one yourself you lazy ****head. Try a Chrysler forum next time. Or did they tell you too drop on ya head too......

Oh and I do mean this the nicest way possible......
Old 05-02-2006, 23:51   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraHymen
yeah brett, what would you know????? you tyre kicking idiot. LOL

hey traincep, welcome to the forums. you're off to a great start with that reply and after reading it i had to add my two cents.

i know your mum thinks your speeecial but just to increase that factor by a fraction i thought i'd enlighten you on a few facts. allow me as part of the audience to participate.

a TD cortina diff is 1320mm from flange to flange and 1468mm from rim surface to rim surface so if u'r measuring that with only 1 drum then it's a pretty close call at 1500mm. isnt that info good enough for ya to work out if it's gonna fit under the arse of your centura or whatever it is you need it to fit into?

now i got a few questions;
do u think a cortina diff is going to "bolt straight in" into a centura without any mods?

exactly how many splines do your xw/centura axles have? how long are the axles?

what kind of borg warner diff is it? i dont know jack about centuras but i know there are a few different diffs for a cortina.

you may have the dictionary meaning for "forum" but here's the Norm meaning for "life" - you dont get real far belittling ppl who offer thier assistance and there are more diplomatic ways to get what u want in life. you made some pretty severe and innacurate assumptions and have made a prize dick of yourself - which i do happen to find mildy amusing ya tool

and likewise i mean that in the sincerest possible manner.

Well arent you the clever one Tarahymen............OH WAIT!!!!!!......I get it now LOL ROFLMAO.......Tear-a-Hymen.......and that would be just the one hymen? your own one just past your sphincter muscle at about the same time you developed your ingrown penis and slowly started to fornicate yourself into stupidity!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like your 2 cents worth is actually worth something......you gave me an accurate measurement for me to work on......SEE TD302.....that wasnt hard was it?
And no!!!! about 1500mm is not enough info to work out if its gonna fit....see now that you have helped me with those measurements I know the wheels will fit with 15mm clearance on either side instead of 3mm clearance on either side with the rough measurement ........yeh yeh yeh I know you are probably kickin yourself right about now knowing you actually helped me LOL

And dont you worry about whether its gonna bolt straight in or how long the axles are, I didnt ask any of that stuff......(glad I didnt cos I can imagine the measurments I would have gotten back)
That is my worry I just needed to know the width of the diff. OH!!!!! and for future reference: The diff would be flange to flange........not drum to drum cos ....yep you guessed it.......drum to drum would be diff ass drum to drum

Just the fact that you asked "isnt that info good enough for ya " also tells me you havent built any serious cars either. It is one thing to pay people to do things for you or to swap parts from other cars that will fit..... but to truly build a car and make all the mods yourself then have it engineered that is the meaning of building a car..........anyone can R & R and D & A.

I would be really interested in finding out what severe and inaccurate assumptions I have made I have not assumed anything I took it as fact that roughly 1500mm is not a good enough measurement to go and do what I want to do and Im sur you would have to agree after being presented with the tolerances I gave you above.
Go back to my first posting......I asked the width not for a rough measurement of the diff. Most diffs are roughly 1500mm give or take 50mm.
Therein lies the problem........what you think I havent been measureing all sorts of diffs......I just woke up one day and thought cortina after not considering anything else!!!!!!.

Now it would be my turn to accuse you of making severe and inaccurate assumptions which you have.
I stand by everthing I said in my previous post.
Watch you dont choke on that in grown hymen breaker you got there TARA
Old 05-03-2006, 00:17   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD302
HAHAHA your a clown..Dont take my comments personally "GO **** YOURSELF"
HAHAHA yep never built a car before hahaha you clown... Go to the wreckers then and measure one yourself you lazy ****head. Try a Chrysler forum next time. Or did they tell you too drop on ya head too......

Oh and I do mean this the nicest way possible......
OOPS.......got me confused with TARA there TD......he's the one who is fornicating himself (read post above).
Have you built a car before? Performed all the mods yourself? Had it engineered? or have you just unbolted stuff from one car then bolt it on your car and stood back and said....YEP Im a car builder!!!!
See if either you or Tara are builders then you would know that roughly 1500mm is not good enough.

Im wondering why I would try a chrysler forum for the width of a cortina diff unless you think they are as arrogant as you and Tara and think they know everything ........OH wait.....ofcourse you are assuming they would probably tell me about roughly 1500mm cos most diffs are 1500mm give or take 50mm.
And to you: I stand by everything I said in my offensive post!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 00:50   #8 (permalink)

haha what ever.. do a search and you'll see what i've done...
Old 05-03-2006, 01:06   #9 (permalink)
XW GT

piss off knob jocky
plane and simple
and while your at it get a life, your also not very good and measurements youself are ya idiot
with the rough measurement 1500 you said that you would have 3mm clearance either side
which makes your proposed gap 1506mm wright.
but if the real measurement is 1468mm and you get 15mm clearance each side then
1468+15+15= 1498
therefore even your measurements are wrong so go pay someone else to build a car coz you abviously cant do it yourself idiot!
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:34   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Well arent you the clever one Tarahymen............OH WAIT!!!!!!......I get it now LOL ROFLMAO.......Tear-a-Hymen.......and that would be just the one hymen? your own one just past your sphincter muscle at about the same time you developed your ingrown penis and slowly started to fornicate yourself into stupidity!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like your 2 cents worth is actually worth something......you gave me an accurate measurement for me to work on......SEE TD302.....that wasnt hard was it?
And no!!!! about 1500mm is not enough info to work out if its gonna fit....see now that you have helped me with those measurements I know the wheels will fit with 15mm clearance on either side instead of 3mm clearance on either side with the rough measurement ........yeh yeh yeh I know you are probably kickin yourself right about now knowing you actually helped me LOL

And dont you worry about whether its gonna bolt straight in or how long the axles are, I didnt ask any of that stuff......(glad I didnt cos I can imagine the measurments I would have gotten back)
That is my worry I just needed to know the width of the diff. OH!!!!! and for future reference: The diff would be flange to flange........not drum to drum cos ....yep you guessed it.......drum to drum would be diff ass drum to drum

Just the fact that you asked "isnt that info good enough for ya " also tells me you havent built any serious cars either. It is one thing to pay people to do things for you or to swap parts from other cars that will fit..... but to truly build a car and make all the mods yourself then have it engineered that is the meaning of building a car..........anyone can R & R and D & A.

I would be really interested in finding out what severe and inaccurate assumptions I have made I have not assumed anything I took it as fact that roughly 1500mm is not a good enough measurement to go and do what I want to do and Im sur you would have to agree after being presented with the tolerances I gave you above.
Go back to my first posting......I asked the width not for a rough measurement of the diff. Most diffs are roughly 1500mm give or take 50mm.
Therein lies the problem........what you think I havent been measureing all sorts of diffs......I just woke up one day and thought cortina after not considering anything else!!!!!!.

Now it would be my turn to accuse you of making severe and inaccurate assumptions which you have.
I stand by everthing I said in my previous post.
Watch you dont choke on that in grown hymen breaker you got there TARA

did u'r mum help u write that? cos u rave on and on like an ole woman. everything u said u could've said in a few sentences not a whole page.

real creative on takin the pi$$ of a nic - is that the best u got? bravo!! outstanding!!

ok mr "r&d", you should really keep your mouth shut cos the more u say the more sh1t u spin the more of an idiot u'r proving yourself to be;

1) thats a really ingenious method doing a diff conversion with a "ready to width" starting at the tyres, not to mention you're going to do it yourself without spending any money. i could understand it if u were going serious width but then why would u need to know the lengths of the tubes - what difference would it make? wouldnt the "spend no money and self engineering" challenge be in getting the tubes/axles the right length. u've added a whole new spin to the theory - i've never done it that way. u obviously havent done any homework because yes that measurement would be good enough for me to get it to fit but then again i only r&r and d&a. and on top of that u cant add, whats makes u think i can read a manual or can work a tape measure?

2)
Quote:
can anyone tell me the width of a cortina diff drum to drum
Quote:
The diff would be flange to flange........not drum to drum
dont even need to say anything here, pretty self explanatory.

3) if u say so then it must be true, i mustnt have ever built anything and i must be the r&r king. i've never done anything more than put spinners on the ole nissan cedric.

on second thoughts, scrub the bit about keeping your mouth shut. keep it flowin thick and fast. with your wealth of knowledge and experience u'll have a following of deciples soon who all will wanna be just like you.

btw, u'r still a tool

See them both here <=-- Page Updated 15 October 2006
TaraHymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum