cortina v8 conversion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 13:13   #1 (permalink)

cortina v8 conversion

Hi
Want to fit 302 into Mk v/te?cortina drophead, can the parts be bought as a kit from Australia? Just thought it may be easier than fabricating mounts etc .
Any Help and advice ?

P.S Great forum

Regards Andy
old4rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 13:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: cortina v8 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by old4rd
Hi
Want to fit 302 into Mk v/te?cortina drophead, can the parts be bought as a kit from Australia? Just thought it may be easier than fabricating mounts etc .
Any Help and advice ?

P.S Great forum

Regards Andy
Welcome Andy, I'm presently building a TE at the moment with a 351c. You can buy the engine kit from Castlemaine rod shop which has engine mounts, front connectors ( Ties the front part of the chassis into the main chassis ), gearbox plate. When I bought it the cost was around $275. For the brake upgrade I would contact Hoppers Stoppers in Victoria and speak to a Peter Koning very helpful and the kit is a direct bolt on replacement onto existing cortina stubs. Hope this helps

Regards

Joe

PS: Thought I'd post a couple of pics for you
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 14:00   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351ClevoCorty
Welcome Andy, I'm presently building a TE at the moment with a 351c. You can buy the engine kit from Castlemaine rod shop which has engine mounts, front connectors ( Ties the front part of the chassis into the main chassis ), gearbox plate. When I bought it the cost was around $275. For the brake upgrade I would contact Hoppers Stoppers in Victoria and speak to a Peter Koning very helpful and the kit is a direct bolt on replacement onto existing cortina stubs. Hope this helps

Regards

Joe

PS: Thought I'd post a couple of pics for you
Thanx Joe,
Do the mounts fit a 302 as well ? what sump would i use
is yours manual or auto?, Ive heard that a supra box can be used anyone tried it ?

Regards Andy
Old 01-26-2005, 03:27   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanx Joe,
Do the mounts fit a 302 as well ? what sump would i use
is yours manual or auto?, Ive heard that a supra box can be used anyone tried it ?

Regards Andy
Yes andy the kit will fit either windsor or clevo. The sump you can get from CRS, Hi-Energy, Haddad Bros. I bought my sump from Rocket Industries for 300 incl pickup. Alternatively you can find a Bronco sump and modify your windsor sump to suit but for all the mucking around it's easier just to buy one. I'm running a C4 auto, One thing I forgot to ask was is yours a 4 or a 6. If it's a 4 you will have problems with the tunnel, The 6 has a bigger tunnel and will quite easily handles C4, Toploader, Supra etc. Obviously the supra box will need an adaptor for the bell housing if somebody doesn't already make a bell housing to suit windsor/supra, Anybody else out there can help Andy here.
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:43   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351ClevoCorty
Yes andy the kit will fit either windsor or clevo. The sump you can get from CRS, Hi-Energy, Haddad Bros. I bought my sump from Rocket Industries for 300 incl pickup. Alternatively you can find a Bronco sump and modify your windsor sump to suit but for all the mucking around it's easier just to buy one. I'm running a C4 auto, One thing I forgot to ask was is yours a 4 or a 6. If it's a 4 you will have problems with the tunnel, The 6 has a bigger tunnel and will quite easily handles C4, Toploader, Supra etc. Obviously the supra box will need an adaptor for the bell housing if somebody doesn't already make a bell housing to suit windsor/supra, Anybody else out there can help Andy here.
Joe, its a 4cyl so i guess a smaller tunnel. Would the tunnel out of an auto be the one?
Am i right in thinking the 302 is smaller in actual size than the 351? (width ,height etc) Does the bulkhead need reworking.Have you any engine bay pics

Regards

Andy
Old 01-26-2005, 22:26   #6 (permalink)

302 clevo is exactly the same exterior dimensions as the 351Clevo. 302 windsor is physically smaller than the clevo and 351W is approx the same as clevo due to taller deck hieght for the longer stoke. Both windsors fit as does the clevo although the 302w is the easiest to fit space wise for header/exhausts.

Forgot to mention, firewall may need some gentle persuasion with say a heavy object for the clevo but the winsdor fits snuggly in there with no firewall massaging needed

Last edited by fezi46; 01-26-2005 at 22:27. Reason: more info
fezi46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:23   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezi46
302 clevo is exactly the same exterior dimensions as the 351Clevo. 302 windsor is physically smaller than the clevo and 351W is approx the same as clevo due to taller deck hieght for the longer stoke. Both windsors fit as does the clevo although the 302w is the easiest to fit space wise for header/exhausts.

Forgot to mention, firewall may need some gentle persuasion with say a heavy object for the clevo but the winsdor fits snuggly in there with no firewall massaging needed
Cheers fezi46,
ill go looking for a 302 w
Has any one got buildup shots of the 302 into te/tf

Regards Andy
Old 01-27-2005, 20:15   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi
Any Help and advice ?

P.S Great forum

Regards Andy
Is that a Crayford convertible? The V8 may be an issue without the roof, especially if you are putting some extra neddies out....
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 06:47   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Joe, its a 4cyl so i guess a smaller tunnel. Would the tunnel out of an auto be the one?
Regards
Andy
I didn't think there was a difference in the tunnels on the TE 4 and 6 ???
I thought the difference was the gearbox mount in the tunnel and the radiator support. I thought all else the same !!!
Old 02-12-2005, 10:00   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevo400
I didn't think there was a difference in the tunnels on the TE 4 and 6 ???
I thought the difference was the gearbox mount in the tunnel and the radiator support. I thought all else the same !!!

what he said.

See them both here <=-- Page Updated 15 October 2006
TaraHymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum