Help with Vinyl Roof on TE Ghia - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 03:36   #1 (permalink)
Loving my TE Ghia!

cool Help with Vinyl Roof on TE Ghia

Yep, my first thread!

What can I do to the roof to help prevent further detioration of it and maybe look after it better?

It isn't in too bad of shape, a bit crazed, but not too badly cracked.

Thanks!
Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2004, 04:24   #2 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Re: Help with Vinyl Roof on TE Ghia

welcome to the forums mate.id think once a vinyl roof starts getting hard and brittle there not much you could do.but i could be wrong.why not pull it off unless you like it.got any pics of your ride.
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 15:29   #3 (permalink)
Loving my TE Ghia!

Re: Help with Vinyl Roof on TE Ghia

Hi and thanks!

The problem with ripping it off is that there is no one out here (I live in a small coalmining town) to repaint it for me... cause it would need that wouldn't it?

As for pics, will take some later today...I will warned you now though, it is not a pretty sight at all! The paint job is badly in need of a respray, however, I just don't think I can afford for that to be done at the moment. The gearbox shat it self recently and am waiting for the replacement to come from Just Ford in Brisbane...should be here on Friday. (C3 BTW)

It is funny that I have ended up with a Cortina.....must be a family thing! The frist car I remember Dad having is an old TC station wagon! He had that until he bought an EA when they first come out! It had done something like 300000 km with the original engine when he sold it.
Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum