Ford Forums banner

New Project

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  YES302 
#1 ·
Heres a couple of pics of my new project car. Its a 75 model TD cortina. I have been getting parts together to turbo my xf ute but have decided to throw everything in the cortina.

I also have a few questions as i am not real familia with cortina's. Do springs and shocks from a falcon fit? I also have a heavily modded c4 to eventually put in, do i need to have a costom gear box mount and tail shaft, I am building a 200 xflow motor, is it a bolt in, ie engine mounts etc etc. And is there any issues with getting a 3 inch exhaust over the diff etc.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
tagsXF said:
Heres a couple of pics of my new project car. Its a 75 model TD cortina. I have been getting parts together to turbo my xf ute but have decided to throw everything in the cortina.

I also have a few questions as i am not real familia with cortina's. Do springs and shocks from a falcon fit? I also have a heavily modded c4 to eventually put in, do i need to have a costom gear box mount and tail shaft, I am building a 200 xflow motor, is it a bolt in, ie engine mounts etc etc. And is there any issues with getting a 3 inch exhaust over the diff etc.

you'll have a ball with it. dunno bout the shocks but the springs are different. plenty of cortina came with a c4 so a rear crossmember wont be an issue - otherwise redrill it to suit. if you get really stuck i have a one here out of a tc(think they're the same). a 200 crossflow will bolt straight in as it's OEM. you'll only hae an issue with the zorst if u dump the car really low.

cheers,
Norm :)

#4 ·
Yeah thanks, should be fun. I have always wanted a tc or td it has hust been a mission to find one up here. This one is pretty clean, has a little rust in the boot and thats a bout it. Might find more when it get blasted but i will wait and see. It has a auto in it now, how would i tell if its a c4 or a bw or will the mount be fine anyway?

I am going to take it out to the strip this saturday to have a little fun before i start pulling things apart. I will post some picks up if i can manage to get the bloody thing to do a burnout.

#5 ·
it'll fry - they all do

to tell the difference btween the c4 and bw, the c4 pan is alot smaller. from memory the shifter linkage for the bw is on the left side, and the c4 on the right.

#6 ·
.....and the filler tube goes into the box not the pan on a c4,,also the shifter and kick down are on the passenger side the bw has a id tag on the drivers side and borg warner is cast into the rear extention housing and the c4 has FORD cast into the main housing....when i put my c4 in i had to use 10mm plate aprox 160mm X 300mm as an adapter to my bw xmember

#8 ·
lol, my mate has a digital video cam. I dont think it will be all that exciting though, i think it will be lucky to spin the wheels off the line with the 200 pre xflow backed up by the auto and a 2.92 diff. I just want to have a little fun trying to get it to smoke.

I was going to take it out the week end gone but with the rain i didnt think it would be on.

Cheers

Simon
clevo400 said:
Have u got a video recorder ??? Like to c it launch off the line and down the strip. Mic (EvilChief might have one)

#9 ·
tagsXF said:

the front springs in my car (te) have the same part# as xc-xf falcon dunno bout the rears or shocks though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.