Ford Forums banner

not happy need new block

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  YES302 
#1 ·
i found a bad scratch down both sides of one of the cylinders.theres a mark on the sides of the pistons and the rings look like new but i cant figure out what caused this?the scratch is about 2mm deep and since my blocks 40thou already now i need a new block fantastic :shrug: anyway what i want to know is there any diference with 250 blocks from cortys to falcons or are they all the same.and does anyone have one theyed like off there hands

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
if the rest of the block is fine & all the pistons are good ask a machine shop about re-sleaveing the damaged bore

regards
rod

#8 ·
rod said:
if the rest of the block is fine & all the pistons are good ask a machine shop about re-sleaveing the damaged bore

regards
rod
rod ive thought about that and since im building this motor to have a bit of grunt i wasnt sure if sleeving was good or not.plus 250 xflow blocks are cheap enough to come by

#9 ·
dicast said:
i found a bad scratch down both sides of one of the cylinders.theres a mark on the sides of the pistons and the rings look like new but i cant figure out what caused this?the scratch is about 2mm deep and since my blocks 40thou already now i need a new block fantastic :shrug: anyway what i want to know is there any diference with 250 blocks from cortys to falcons or are they all the same.and does anyone have one theyed like off there hands
ay man always ready to help out a fellow ford nut..are you near blacktown? i have a xf 250 alloy head motor with a efi head its got low ks and was goin good when it was pulled from the car i think its virgin bore and ya can have it for a bottle of jim beam.....come and get it :wnc:ps is all the ceramic still on your plugs? if ya drop a bit of that in a bore itll wear it out in no time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.