Prices - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2005, 02:52   #1 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

Prices

Gday all. How much can i expect to pay for a TE or TF Cortina in decent condition? 250 and auto.
XA Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2005, 04:35   #2 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Re: Prices

between 1-3 grand should do it.plenty of good bargains at the moment
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 14:30   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Fairmont
Gday all. How much can i expect to pay for a TE or TF Cortina in decent condition? 250 and auto.
Depends on what you clasify as decent. The corty I bought as shown on this site is a 77 TE 200 xflow 3 speed. It had little rust nothing that car couldn't get rego brand new tyres ran perfect in fact I was a little surprised at the standard power to weight effect and I picked this up for $350 and drove it home. The next day was when the oxy came out and the rest as they is history.
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 22:37   #4 (permalink)
1972 XA GS Fairmont

Well im not looking to spend very much as i want another project car. (the XA's giving me the shits) lol. Am i right in saying that the TE and the TF Cortinas are the squarer modles with the crossflow 6's in them. As far as i no these Cortinas came out with the 200 and 250 crossflows in them. These engines run the same mounts dont they because i want one with a 250 in it and if i couldnt find one with an auto 250 in a TF or TE Cortina it has to just be a simple engine swap to put the 250 in.
XA Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:16   #5 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Quote:
Well im not looking to spend very much as i want another project car. (the XA's giving me the shits) lol. Am i right in saying that the TE and the TF Cortinas are the squarer modles with the crossflow 6's in them. As far as i no these Cortinas came out with the 200 and 250 crossflows in them. These engines run the same mounts dont they because i want one with a 250 in it and if i couldnt find one with an auto 250 in a TF or TE Cortina it has to just be a simple engine swap to put the 250 in.
out of the te tf the te is the one you want.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:43   #6 (permalink)

Mate there r people out there giving them away. Look in the backyards and offer them to take at away for free. Saves them $50 in towing costs.
$500 is prob what they're worth. Book Value look up Reds or Glasses.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:34   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
mate i picked up my te corty wagon for $50 it was sitting there for about 3 months and i walked up to the old lady and offered her cash for it she said i could have it but i said "i'll give u a 50 hows that" she said take it.....it came with a 250 auto on gas(with 3/4 of a tank init)spare wheels it also has power stearing and it is as straight as and i only just threw the 6 and auto to the wreckers the other week sorry...but its still there if u havn't found 1 yet and my mate from the wreckers has about 5 cortys there that u could grab cheep if u haven't found anythig still. let me know and i'll see what i can do ok
cheers ROB250
ROB250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:37   #8 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB250
mate i picked up my te corty wagon for $50 it was sitting there for about 3 months and i walked up to the old lady and offered her cash for it she said i could have it but i said "i'll give u a 50 hows that" she said take it.....it came with a 250 auto on gas(with 3/4 of a tank init)spare wheels it also has power stearing and it is as straight as and i only just threw the 6 and auto to the wreckers the other week sorry...but its still there if u havn't found 1 yet and my mate from the wreckers has about 5 cortys there that u could grab cheep if u haven't found anythig still. let me know and i'll see what i can do ok
cheers ROB250
thats one top buy rob post up some pics.i am always on the lookout for a te wagon for another project idea i have kickin around in my head.you dont see many wagons around in roadworthy cond.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:52   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast
thats one top buy rob post up some pics.i am always on the lookout for a te wagon for another project idea i have kickin around in my head.you dont see many wagons around in roadworthy cond.
sorry to say but the wagon's not for sale yet(1 DAY THO) as for pic i dont know how to shrink them but if i could have your e-mail i would be happy to send sum progress pics for you to look at
cheers ROB250
ROB250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum