TE Diff anyone??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 03:02   #1 (permalink)

TE Diff anyone???

Anyone have a TE 6cyl diff they want to get rid off? i have mine out atm getting work done to it and its going to be awhile before i get it back and i want to get the car on the road, must be in Sydney area.

Russ
BIG250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 05:24   #2 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Re: TE Diff anyone???

russ try small four spares in sefton talk to brian he has em.its a little to soon i could have sold you mine 3.9 lsd im goin to a nine inch after my motors done
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 23:40   #3 (permalink)

Thanks mate ill give him a call.

How long till your car will be finished?

You had any quotes on a 9inch yet??
Old 09-14-2004, 00:43   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast
russ try small four spares in sefton talk to brian he has em.its a little to soon i could have sold you mine 3.9 lsd im goin to a nine inch after my motors done
hey dicast, will you be getting rid of the 3.9 lsd later on, if so let me know first, i will buy it.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:39   #5 (permalink)
heard it before!

big250 try a 4cyl one if you've got a bit of a cam 3.77 ratio makes for impressive ease of burnouts probably wont last long with single wheel burnouts though. my brother had one with mini spool and mild 250 allloy head in TE corty was mor fun than his 351 XF with 3.23LSD and 2500 high stall
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:42   #6 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG250
Thanks mate ill give him a call.

How long till your car will be finished?

You had any quotes on a 9inch yet??
mate ive set a dedline xmas as for the diff i most likely will worry about that till last.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:45   #7 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted22
hey dicast, will you be getting rid of the 3.9 lsd later on, if so let me know first, i will buy it.
no worries at this stage it stays but im building this car to hopefully run in the 10s so a ninch inch is the go
Old 09-15-2004, 01:29   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
big250 try a 4cyl one if you've got a bit of a cam 3.77 ratio makes for impressive ease of burnouts probably wont last long with single wheel burnouts though. my brother had one with mini spool and mild 250 allloy head in TE corty was mor fun than his 351 XF with 3.23LSD and 2500 high stall

Yeh mate are the 4cyl ones weaker than the 6cyl? i think a 2.9:1 is the lowest i can get in a 6cyl diff. I will be pumping 300hp through it so what ever i get will probly blow with the way i drive, its just to get the car on the road till i get a combo for the BW worked out or the money for a 9".
Old 09-17-2004, 01:57   #9 (permalink)
heard it before!

4 cyl diff is same as 6 cyl diff exept ratio.3.77, would be a cheap way to find out if you can live with the revs at say 100kmh
open centre diff will wheel spin one wheel very easy and blow up due to this(the reason all open centres die) if you can get two wheels spinning ie; LSD, SPOOL, WELD UP GEARS(spider gears SMALL ONES INSIDE CENTRE) or if you "MUST" do burnouts put oil under both tyres and make sure the 2 are always spinning
if you put a spool in (they're about $140 for borg warner diffs) expect to wear out front tyres turning around corners, tyre squeel around corners ,broken axels and cops giving you a canary if they happen to be following you around a corner.
SPOOLS not recomended for road use(REALLY)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:35   #10 (permalink)

Yeh my last b/w had a 3.9 mini spool, shortened VN SS axels with standard cortina brakes. I snaped one of the axles so i just bought a 2.9 single spinner today to get in on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum