te v8 brake upgrade - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Cortina Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Cortina.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 22:17   #1 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

te v8 brake upgrade

guys i need info off people who have upgraded brakes on te corty.im thinking of the hoppers kit.but the price im not sure but happy to spend the money.i heard the way to go is xa hubs with hq-wb holden calipers with the castlemain kit but i here you have to grind lower arm and ball joint?.what is the best way to go.also upgrade m.c to 1inch bore xb it fits to standard te booster.any feedback from the been there done that guys would be great
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2005, 00:12   #2 (permalink)

Re: te v8 brake upgrade

I dont think brakes are your problem. Spelling, grammer and punctuation are!

Talk to Castlemain Rod Shop or Hopper Stoppers.

or go here...

http://www.hoppers.com.au/brake%20kits/big%20brakes.htm

$1100 is cheap for a brake kit.
AU Series 1 I6 Futura, 17" XR Series III Rims, Kings superlow springs and Bilstien shocks, K-MAC adjustable caber kit, xr8 snorkle, BMC Filter, EF a/box lid, custom storm water pipeing, pacemakers, h/flow cat, 2 1/2" zorst mandrel bent, dyno'd @ 117.2kwrw b4 bmc
ir33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:02   #3 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

whatever you say bud
Old 01-24-2005, 05:24   #4 (permalink)

Far out. this is a forum. i doubt! if anyone, cares? as long as it can, be read :)

Get a hold of markze on fordaustralia forums, he has a turbo te or tf with well sorted brakes from memory.

Cheers

Simon
tagsXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 22:45   #5 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

thanks for that tagsxf.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:08   #6 (permalink)

imo go the hoppers kit. straight bolt up, no mods and it looks like it's meant to be there.

if u'r worried about how much it costs to stop, how much did u spend to make it go faster?

See them both here <=-- Page Updated 15 October 2006
TaraHymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:39   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraHymen
imo go the hoppers kit. straight bolt up, no mods and it looks like it's meant to be there.

if u'r worried about how much it costs to stop, how much did u spend to make it go faster?
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've said this before dicast, stay away from the CRS kit and buy the hoppers kit. The hoppers kit is the same system as what the AUIII XR8 use in relation to size of rotor 290/28 and twin piston PBR calipers. This kit is complete right down to the castell nut and grease cap. By the time you f**k around with the CRS kit you're better off with the hoppers kit. As I'm now running a disc 9" I'll be outlaying close to $2500 on my braking system, Why because I want it done right and have the confidence that this thing will pull up. I'll be running an XD master cylinder with 2 x VH40 ( Front/Rear ) boosters remote mounted. When you put V8's into things that didn't come out with V8's and you start questioning the cost of certain upgrades then maybe you need to look at whether you should continue the build because if you do it cheap then in the end it could affect something far worse than your wallet that is your life or the lives of others.

Regards

Joe
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 23:15   #8 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraHymen

i am not worried how much it cost ive nearly bought it twice now but i keep changing my mind. i know its good gear but i needed to know if the hoppers kit was worth the extra dollars.
Old 01-25-2005, 23:28   #9 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351ClevoCorty
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've said this before dicast, stay away from the CRS kit and buy the hoppers kit. The hoppers kit is the same system as what the AUIII XR8 use in relation to size of rotor 290/28 and twin piston PBR calipers. This kit is complete right down to the castell nut and grease cap. By the time you f**k around with the CRS kit you're better off with the hoppers kit. As I'm now running a disc 9" I'll be outlaying close to $2500 on my braking system, Why because I want it done right and have the confidence that this thing will pull up. I'll be running an XD master cylinder with 2 x VH40 ( Front/Rear ) boosters remote mounted. When you put V8's into things that didn't come out with V8's and you start questioning the cost of certain upgrades then maybe you need to look at whether you should continue the build because if you do it cheap then in the end it could affect something far worse than your wallet that is your life or the lives of others.

Regards

Joe
joe the hoppers kit uses auIII brakes,did the au suffer from poor braking like the ba?i know au brakes would work well in a light cortina but ive never been a fan of ford brakes cause there crap.will a xd master cylinder bolt straight up to a te corty booster as a xb one bolts straight on.also the brake upgrade was never a issue as my car will be 100% street legal and fully engineered.cheers matt.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:20   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast
joe the hoppers kit uses auIII brakes,did the au suffer from poor braking like the ba?i know au brakes would work well in a light cortina but ive never been a fan of ford brakes cause there crap.will a xd master cylinder bolt straight up to a te corty booster as a xb one bolts straight on.also the brake upgrade was never a issue as my car will be 100% street legal and fully engineered.cheers matt.
I'm not aware of any issues with the braking on AU/BA so I can't comment on that. XD master will not bolt up, I'm using an XD master as a mate has NOS lying around and as I'll be remote mounting the boosters, I can mount the master straight to firewall. You will need to use the XB master and just modify the tongue a bit as it's a bit longer than the TE master. That figure of $2500 is inclusive of the hoppers kit. I'm happy that you're taking the effort to have the car engineered as there have been some posts on this site for various conversions that leave a bit to be desired. I can only appreciate your willingness to do this right the first time and not fall into peer pressure of changing things for the sake of others.
351ClevoCorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Cortina Forum