1GGZ Blower? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2004, 19:18   #1 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

1GGZ Blower?

Has anyone used or has a freind who has used a 1GGZ blower?

(1GGZ blower is of a toyota soarer 2ltr sraight 6, only a couple of hundered bucks from the jap importers)

How much power can u get out of them?

I have seen a couple with holden 3.8 v6's get 120Kw at the back wheels with them, it think this was on pretty low boost but not quite shure, but i am thinking it may not be worth it coz the 6cyl in my XD might get 120rwkws Na, unless i run it at a higher boost
Trendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2004, 19:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1GGZ Blower?

I've heard the toyota blowers are flat out supplying boost to a 3.8 holden. Probably not the best option for a 4.1 six.

Is your six putting out 120rwkw Na? XF EFI six was only 125 kw flywheel..

Turbo is the best choice, i couldnt see the toyota blower offering any substantial boost, unless a moderate setup is what your after.
73gscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 21:31   #3 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

No, i was implying that with a few NA(naturally aspriated) mods, the engine might be able to acheive 120Kw's at the back wheels.

I was thinking a turbo but i would have to change to EFI (carbie turbo engines dont really appeal to me) and knock up an exhaust manifold, ecu for EFI,and plumbing + extras, all that adds up to alot more then the cost of placing a supercharger under a carbie (i know there is abit more to it than that)

Any ideas for a better blower, while still being quite cheap, Im thinking a pd not a centrifugal, what do u think 73gscoupe?
Old 05-03-2004, 21:56   #4 (permalink)

Maybe try to find a blower off a holden V6 s/c engine, besides that I dont know of any standard superchargers that would be suitable for a 4.0L engine. You would have to find a suitable secondhand aftermarket s/c but i doubt any of them would be that cheap.

Maybe if you could hook up 2 of the toyota blowers somehow. Its been talked about before but I have never heard of anyone doing it.

They will never supply enough boost for a 4.0Lby themselves, they are used (with underdrive pulleys) on VL commies and they usually last about 6mths or so before they are stuffed. And you want to use them on an engine that is 33% bigger.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 22:17   #5 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

This sounds like a stupid idea but what about getting 2 (1 either side of the engine)and sticking a carbi on the top of each and have 2 pipes coming from the back or bottom of each into the manifold, but i think this would take too much power out of the crankshaft and probably wouldnt be worth the effort but would certainly be something different, would sound f'n awesome and how many people can say they have a twin supercharged car?
Old 05-03-2004, 22:24   #6 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

Sorry didnt read your post fully before turboute, Wouldnt a holden v6 blower be a bit hard to find?, i have been looking and gave up and decided to go for the 1GGZ.How much power are they capable of? not much i assume as the new V6 supercharged VY only puts out 180kw and ford does 182kw with an atmo 6, altough i have seen pulley kits that offer %50 increase inpower and more torque
Old 05-03-2004, 22:46   #7 (permalink)

PD blowers will be either a Eaton style blower (GM 3.8 V6, or US ford 3.8 V6 i think) or a roots blower (4/71 from a truck). I would go a 4/71 or similar if you have your heart set on a old fashioned PD blower. Eaton blowers are advertised by CAPA I think, and are more efficent than the old style roots blowers.If you go a truck blower, remember to factor in pulleys, manifolds, etc.

CAPA powerdyne centrifugal blowers are about $5k or so I think.

You could use two toyota units as turboute suggests, but it would look a bit messy.

Are you working to a budget, and how much do you plan to do yourself? Upgrading your six or a V8 conversion may be the cheapest bang for buck.

I run a turbo blow thru the carb setup, this sort of setup can be more drivable than you think.
73gscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 22:46   #8 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

Also with the twin 1GGZ idea, what about chroming them both and have them sitting thru the bonnet, now if that wouldnt scare your average ricer, i dont know what else would? Can somebody try this with photo shop with an xd, please?
Old 05-03-2004, 22:56   #9 (permalink)
Torque+Rwd+Corner=Fun

73gscoupe i am wondering what do u use for a intercooler, i am assuming a air/air is to dangerous but would a water/air be alright?

I am looking for something a little more different than a V8 plus most factory blowers come with clutches, so the fuel ecconmy would be alot better

Yes i am on a budget ( of nothing at the moment, just toying with the idea), i could do most of the work my self except welding and tuning
Old 05-04-2004, 00:31   #10 (permalink)

I have some pictures of a trike with a 350 chevy using 2 1G-GZE blowers at 1.4:1 drive to give approximately 10psi boost. When carbied it did the 1/4 in about 9's with it poorly tuned. I saw it on the dyno and its a lot of work for not a lot of potential. With 2 don't expect more than 450fwhp max. My friend was going to do the same to a Hemi 265 but just doesn't have the time due to work and uni commitments. He will probably sell the blowers for a resonable price if you are interested. He has partially polished them and modified the inlets and outlets fow more flow. The housings are alloy so you don't chrome them.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O