Adapter plate for manifold - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2005, 02:15   #1 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Adapter plate for manifold

Hi, ive run into a small problem.

I just recieved my turbo manifold which is a short runner log-type, its for a OHC MPi 3.9 EA Falcon.

Problem is my turbo (a TO4 not sure if E or B) is a split-pulse exhaust housing and the manifold flange is for just a normal housing with 1 port instead of the 2 that i need.

Is it possible to just use an adapter plate to extend the bolts to make the turbo fit or will i need to weld a new flange on?

Is it important to have the break in between 3 and 4 exhaust ports for the split-pulse turbo or can i just redirect the exhasut flow with a adapter plate?

Thanks

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2005, 19:35   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: Adapter plate for manifold

It doesn't realy matter about the split pulse does your turbo bolt up? There are two or three bolt patterns in some cases you can just redrill frange or just cut it off and mig weld another on..
Yes usually three or 1/2 cylinders go into one side.. Etc etc...You can champher the turbo housing if you like..Or weld a divider on flange plate before welding on primeries...Either way it'll work...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:15   #3 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yea the bolt pattern was different, i just thought the exhaust flow might get interrupted from hitting the flat bit between the two ports on the turbine entry (this is assuming there is no divider on the flange plate.

Thanks ebxr8240

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:34   #4 (permalink)

Hey, any good turbo shop will have the exhaust housing for you to swap.
Swap the housings instead.
Don't weld anything or drill anything on the manifold. It will weaken it. It should be made out of thick cast iron or Ni-Resist alloy.
The small flange is USA pattern and the large is European.
Your TO4 will be the European flange same as my setup off an XD Falcon.
Is yours an AIT casting ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O