BA XR8 Supercharger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2004, 13:21   #1 (permalink)

BA XR8 Supercharger

Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else out there has had a Vortech supercharger kit fitted to their XR8 or GT. Wanting to know whether theirs is quiet at idle or not. Does it give off a rattling noise as opposed to the nice whistle, any help is greatly appreciated.
cwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004, 15:42   #2 (permalink)
rod

Re: BA XR8 Supercharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarden
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else out there has had a Vortech supercharger kit fitted to their XR8 or GT. Wanting to know whether theirs is quiet at idle or not. Does it give off a rattling noise as opposed to the nice whistle, any help is greatly appreciated.
i gather from your post that you have had a supercharger fitted to your XR, can you let us know what it is like power ect

regards
rod
Old 03-19-2004, 18:24   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Usually quiet at idle with blower in good nick and installed correctly..The whistle starts as rpm rises.Though alot of that depends on ducting, air cleaner etc...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:01   #4 (permalink)
BJC

CWarden,
I have the V2 SQ vortech on my XR8 Ute, the sound is quiet after engine is warm at idle, no rattling, whistle? yes, but not the whistle like my powerdyne unit it is more like well a deep whistle if there is such a thing? maybe a whine i suppose but oh what a sound it is and the power they deliver to these awesome motors is well AWESOME.
Brett
BJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:02   #5 (permalink)
BJC

CWarden,
I have the V2 SQ vortech on my XR8 Ute, the sound is quiet after engine is warm at idle, no rattling, whistle? yes, but not the whistle like my powerdyne unit it is more like well a deep whistle if there is such a thing? maybe a whine i suppose but oh what a sound it is and the power they deliver to these awesome motors is well AWESOME.
Brett
Old 04-06-2004, 15:18   #6 (permalink)

Hello BJC,
Yep, I've got a V1 and it's noisy!!! This will be replaced soon with a V2, hopefully the noise will be gone. How many pounds of boost is your's producing?, have you measured it yourself? Apart from the noise it runs perfectly, nice package.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:16   #7 (permalink)
BJC

Cwarden,
Have measured the boost at 10PSI, Steve from redcliffe dyno who i bought it off had it running 15psi when he took it to summernats and had 580rwhp with no intercooler
the intercooler is my next and probably last mod, and yes the package is great

catcha, Brett.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:15   #8 (permalink)

Hi Guys,

I will be having a Vortech V-2 Quiet - Stage 2 - 8psi installed into my new BA GT in the next few weeks. Have spoken to a few people about the noise factor and they have informed me that the only noise produced will be a whistle. I will be having the optional Injector Kit fitted also. With the engine being a Boss 290, this will give the car in excess of 430kw. Does anyone know of another BA GT that has been fitted with a Super Charger as I would appreciate any feedback. The only trouble I am having at the moment is getting insurance.
maydec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 17:44   #9 (permalink)

Hello Maydec,
I'll be very interested in your setup, being the same kit as mine but on a GT. Yep, 430kw or about 325kw at the wheels should be the mark. Who's installing it for you? do you need bigger injectors apart from the fuel pump and regulator? If you're doing the kit yourdelf like I did and you want to know your power and mixtures ETC, take it to Col Parry at Penrith. That's up your way and there very reasonably priced. It would also be good to see the difference between my kit and yours. The noise factor on mine is related to the fact I was given a V1 instead of the expected V2. My V2 should arrive in the coming weeks, I'm looking forward to the whistle only. If you're going to do it yourself let me know, I'll show you my setup and give you some tips.
Old 04-16-2004, 17:48   #10 (permalink)

Hello again,
In regards to insurance, mine is about $2000.00 per annum with 60% no claim bonus. It's with Justcars, they also have it on record that it's lowered and has a Herrod's exhaust. I rang around a bit but couldn't find anyone cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O