blow through carby accesories - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 05:27   #1 (permalink)

blow through carby accesories

does anyone know where to get the blow through adaptor for a 465 holley?

ie, the crome peice on top of the carby in the pic below, thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carby.jpg (2.1 KB, 17 views)
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006, 04:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: blow through carby accesories

www.turbomustangs.com

search for carby bonnet or similar and find out what brands are commonly used, from what I've read some work much better than others, has a large effect on the fuel distribution.

I'm sure rocket or VPW has them. An EV hat is something I have heard of before.

By design I think a hat with a divider in it will work better, it stops the bulk of the air from going to the back of the hat.
LTD351V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:44   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

http://www.superiorairflow.com/extreme_velocity.htm

Some more info..Hope this helps...
http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/tech.html
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 00:59   #4 (permalink)

thanks guys
Old 04-09-2006, 03:29   #5 (permalink)
blue66coupe

I bought mine direct from superiorairflow in the states, Gordon told me that Jakes performance in Canberra has them if you want to go local (EV hats). Redcliff dyno has the CSU hats. As far as holley bits and pieces to do the job, Rocket has them.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:17   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue66coupe
I bought mine direct from superiorairflow in the states, Gordon told me that Jakes performance in Canberra has them if you want to go local (EV hats). Redcliff dyno has the CSU hats. As far as holley bits and pieces to do the job, Rocket has them.
how much did you get it for? if you don't mind me asking, cause they seem to be a bit of a rip off the ones on the site above for what they are.... will check that place out in canberra though
Old 04-10-2006, 05:14   #7 (permalink)

have you though much about blowing through a 465?? 465`s are vac sec carbs, you will not have a hope in hell in opening vacum scondarys when under boost without a few mods.
however i have done it but it wasnt too successful, i had to drill and tap the top housing and run a hose to the intake before the turbo, but then the secondarys would open way too early and cause a huge flat spot (too much vacume). i mucked around with different springs and ended up putting about 4 springs in there at once to try and a reasonable opening point.
Cut a long story short vac sec carbs arent real successful for blow throughs use a double pumper instead.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:17   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelrash
have you though much about blowing through a 465?? 465`s are vac sec carbs, you will not have a hope in hell in opening vacum scondarys when under boost without a few mods.
however i have done it but it wasnt too successful, i had to drill and tap the top housing and run a hose to the intake before the turbo, but then the secondarys would open way too early and cause a huge flat spot (too much vacume). i mucked around with different springs and ended up putting about 4 springs in there at once to try and a reasonable opening point.
Cut a long story short vac sec carbs arent real successful for blow throughs use a double pumper instead.
sorry, but it isn't actually going on boost, I just was curious of the actual blow through accessory for another idea.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:29   #9 (permalink)
blue66coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71ford
how much did you get it for? if you don't mind me asking, cause they seem to be a bit of a rip off the ones on the site above for what they are.... will check that place out in canberra though
About $310 last May including freight, once you have a look at one (EV) with the divider you can see. if you tried to make one it would take a lot of work, it's shaped a bit like a mould of a good intake port.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O