Ford Forums banner

blower for 5.0lt

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gtcoupe95 
#1 ·
what kind of super charger would bolt onto my el fairmont v8 and what other mods would i have to do to go with it?? its currently a stoka with extractors n xr8 rims

#2 ·
Depends on your budget...

Powerdyne and Vortech are easy options because CAPA sells them in kit form, and occasionaly 2nd hand kits become available. The Vortech based kit has the more potential of the two.

Forget the FMU, T-Rex pump, and Memmaster chip in the CAPA kit. Budget for larger injectors (36-42lbs) and a larger in-tank fuel pump (Walbro 255lph), bigger MAF (at least 70mm AU or 90mm Lightning), and a custom tuned Chiptorque J3 chip to suit.

#4 ·
try buying a pre 94 mustang vortech s-trim kit.. there is no reason why this shouldnt fit minus a few small mods.. Move the manifold upper around swap battery sides or move it to the boot. a small cold air induction mod.. And if you have some mechanical knowledge you should have no reason why you cant save big dollars buying and installing it your self.. from memory a kit is about $1900 US.. And i also agree with XR8UTE on the injector and MAF upgrade. this conversion on your car should see you with a stock long engine go from 225Hp to around 330 to 350 RWHP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.