Blown Light Globes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2002, 21:57   #1 (permalink)

Question Blown Light Globes

I'm having trouble with globes blowing in my XF's - in the sedan the brake lights keep blowing, (one at a time) and in the ute the spotties burn out. I get about a week's worth of use out of them. Any suggestions why? The wiring seems OK. I'm not using el cheapo globes either - well, the sedan brake lights get the Narva ones and the ute gets those stupid blue things that cost about $35 each. The original globes in the cars lasted what seemed like 10 years - as soon as I started to change them I've gone through heaps in 3 months ..... have I damaged something maybe?
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2002, 22:52   #2 (permalink)

The only thing I can think of is either your Voltage in the Car is creeping up too high, (Voltage regulator ????).

Do the lights become very bright when you excelerate, and become dim at idle ???

If this is not the case, then it would have something to do with either shock and Vibration, or Temperature (Doubtful, as its now getting closer to winter).

The inly other thing I can suggests is some of those Blue H4/H1/H3 Light Bulbs are a little bodgy, in terms of the Filament connection. I had my first pair of Blue ones Blow on me within the first month (Not happy Jan !), and a Friend had the same thing after 1 week. (P.S. I am talking about the Autotechnica ones here).

I am running Narva Blue Bulbs at the moment, with that extra Xenon stuff, and hadnt had any problems with em, but by the same token, I am not really impressed with them either ?

Hope this helps
Cheers
Matti
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 23:33   #3 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

Quote:
Originally posted by Xyphoid
The inly other thing I can suggests is some of those Blue H4/H1/H3 Light Bulbs are a little bodgy, in terms of the Filament connection. I had my first pair of Blue ones Blow on me within the first month (Not happy Jan !), and a Friend had the same thing after 1 week. (P.S. I am talking about the Autotechnica ones here).

I am running Narva Blue Bulbs at the moment, with that extra Xenon stuff, and hadnt had any problems with em, but by the same token, I am not really impressed with them either ?

Hope this helps
Cheers
Matti
Blue headlight globes are S**T!!! You're better off with standard globes over them.
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 23:46   #4 (permalink)
My name is Forrest....

Could be you're touching the globes as you put them in, it'll do that everytime.....
Old 05-27-2002, 02:06   #5 (permalink)

I was told that the blue globes were illegal unless the car came standard with them....
Does any1 know if this is true????
Kwigibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 05:00   #6 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Condensation in the headlight module?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O