And the buildup (finally) begins - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 20:43   #1 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

And the buildup (finally) begins

There are a few of you out there that would be aware that i have been living in isolation in order to fund the build up of my EB. So here 'goes..
Firstly, rough engine specs.
O-Ringed 4.0L block, balanced standard crank, balanced and shotpeebed rods, ACL Dishtop pistons (although after some reading here i may look at alternitives), ACL rings, ACL race head gasket, ported head, CC'd chambers, Crow HD double valve springs and retainers and a cure cam custom grind cam.
I am having a custom 11L plennum made, I will also install oil catch can, surge tank, electric water pump etc etc.
I am as yet to decide on a turbo setup but I was leaning towards one of the Snort stage 4 kit but I have contacted them regarding a bigger wastegate as a 38mm wont be sufficent. I vuagly remember reading someone on here sells turbo manifolds?? Has anyone used one? results? suggestions?
Cooler dimensions are 520mmx300mmx80mm and will be hidden behind my GT front bar (with some modifacation of course.

Fuel Wise: Bosch 044 (i think, it may be 040) in tank pump and a rising rate regulator. Now i am after some suggestions for injectors, This car will not be a daily driven car rather a weekend car so i had considered upgrading to Malpasi BO18047 injectors but running 7 of them for the strip and control the 7th by a microfueler for high boost and the 6 of them only for the street. And mate that with a chiptorque chip until such time i can afford to blow the $$ on a aftermarket ECU.

Transmission wise i am sourcing a C4 conversion kit from CRS which with mated with my already fitted Detroit locked 9" should keep that under control for a while to come.
Thats about all I can think of for now I will post more as it comes to me, if you have any suggestions or questions please feel free to ask.
Cheers
Cam
P.S. Bottom End should be back this week I will definently post pics
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Visit The new Re-Designed FastFords.org

Last edited by FastFords; 05-12-2005 at 21:10. Reason: Added more stuff
FastFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 00:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: And the buildup (finally) begins

thats a fair bit of engine work, should be able to handle 300rkw+ easy if thats what your aiming for? how much does all that sort of engine work cost, I only ask as I am going to get similar things done.

As for injectors, Aznew are they way to go: http://www.aznew.com.au/main.asp?sec...ce%20Injectors
fOrD mAn Xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:31   #3 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

Cheers for the link, the bottom end is going to cost around the $3k mark. Plus head work custom plennum and the rest. As for power i am not setting a goal we'll just wait and see :)
Also, could anyone recomend some better pistons over the ACL Dishtops?
Thanks
Cam
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Old 05-14-2005, 03:32   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Turbo or blown pistons..
These take some beating...

http://www.cppistons.com/

Agents in Australia...Ask for Jason...

http://www.qri.biz/content.asp
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:52   #5 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

Cheers for the link, i'll definently give them a call.
Does anyone know who it was / is who makes EA-EL turbo manifolds on fordforums? It would save me alot of money on either gettng a custom one or buying one of those ebay kits
Thanks
Cam
Turbo build now underway
Old 05-14-2005, 05:09   #6 (permalink)

custom turbo/exhaust manifold? or custom inlet/plenum?

that price for the bottom end is not too bad at all, thats a lot of work being done, are you going to keep the stock diff in your car? you will probably shred it?

i think EB diffs are 4 pinion, if this is the case then dont worry about strengthening the diff as they are rock solid i have been told, and are also 28 spline i think?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:17   #7 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

Exhuast manifold, i have the intake and plennum sorted.
All work is being done by a mate antony at www.altedperformance.com
If u read the top thread again you will see i have a 9" with 34 (i think) spline axles
Just gotta find best diff gear for C4 on the 1/4 and track some down
Turbo build now underway
Old 05-14-2005, 05:41   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFords
Exhuast manifold, i have the intake and plennum sorted.
All work is being done by a mate antony at www.altedperformance.com
If u read the top thread again you will see i have a 9" with 34 (i think) spline axles
Just gotta find best diff gear for C4 on the 1/4 and track some down
ahh..didnt see that, im going blind....not sure what ratio is good for the eb +c4...they come out with 3.08 3:23:1 and 3:45:1 on the xr6's....i got 3:23:1 in my xf, 25 spline 4 pinion lsd, cost $650 to get built...is tuff as nails. you probably dont want it revving too much, do you do much freeway driving? mine revs pretty hard @100km/h and thats only with 3:23:1 in it. snort performance will do a manifold for you, stainless steel one is the way to go.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:45   #9 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

na i'll have a rebuilt EF motor in another car and will drive that daily. I dont need that much boost and / or a locker to drive to work everyday! lol
Turbo build now underway
Old 06-02-2005, 02:17   #10 (permalink)

The guys who builds manifolds is EB SIX ON N2O he charges about $750 delivered for a log style and not sure for tuned length.

bogan393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O