capa supercharger output - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2003, 23:24   #1 (permalink)

capa supercharger output

hi guys

ive email capa and asked them for an output rating for their vortech charger and i told them that i already had 130rwkw with a modded engine and they replied ssaying that to expect 250 fw kw, now if thats the case im not going to put one in cause that equates to 30 rwkw (160rwkw in total) increase for 7999.00 plus fitting, i thought ill get around 190 to 200 rwkw with this kit and my mods, im wondering if anyone out their has one with similar n/a mods that can clarify this for me or that knows more about this. It does not sound right to me cause i could get 160 rwkw with n/a mods so a supercharger should be more then that and my car is a ef2.

thanks

yldsix
yldsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2003, 00:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: capa supercharger output

How much driveline loss did you allow for ?

250fwkw down to 160rwkw is like 36% loss!!!!

If I was loosing 36% I wouldn't be doing engine mods! Use something more realistic like 20-25%. With 20% loss, you get 200rwkw.

As for previous mods they don't count for much as they may be completely wrong for a charger ie. a cam with to much overlap, higher compression etc.

I don't know of anyone using a vortech on an EF/AU I6, being for 2 reasons.
1. Not alot of room to run a gimla??? belt with the thermo fans
2. The MAP/computer only supports to ~10psi.

I have a powerdyne fitted with a few mods and pumped out 189rwkw.
blown EF 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:36   #3 (permalink)

someone said the other day that they had their XR6T dyno'd @ 180rwkw, so 240fwkw -> 180rwkw
so for about 250fwkw you'd be looking at about 185 - 190rwkw atleast.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:37   #4 (permalink)

oh, and also.
not all NA mods work so well with a forced application.
am i right in saying you have a Dev3?
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:46   #5 (permalink)
Oversized Ben

where did you get the dyno on ur car done??
biggaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 04:02   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
someone said the other day that they had their XR6T dyno'd @ 180rwkw, so 240fwkw -> 180rwkw
so for about 250fwkw you'd be looking at about 185 - 190rwkw atleast.
At our NSW duno day a XT6 T made 266 rwkw Done by APS..WAsn't the top car though..

At another dyno day the "std" XR6t auto's made just over 180 rwkw
Manuals just over 200 rwkw..

http://nsw.fpvclub.com/dyno/index.html
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...

Last edited by ebxr8240; 07-13-2003 at 05:30.
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 18:14   #7 (permalink)

ok guys here goes

the only reason i said it had a loss of 35 percent was because of the stock out put figures. I have an xr6 motor which produces 164 fwkw and 107 at the rears approx now thats a loss of 57 kw in total now that divided by the total amount gives you a loss of 35 percent so why would that figure change cause i have more power, it wont so therefore my car if has 250 fwkw will have about 160 at the rears which is the 35 percent roughly. and you all should not compare my car to the drive train loss of the xr6t cause it has 7 years and heaps of new tech on my car which i agree is around 22 to 25 percent loss.

thanks

yldsix
Old 06-27-2003, 20:14   #8 (permalink)

2 points.

1. A lot of problems/missconceptions come about because people use the advertised figures as a baseline and assume their rear wheel kW on a dyno compared to whatever was advertised gives a % drop. The advertised figures are rarely accurate. Depending on which dyno it was run, the rear wheel figures may not be accurate. Divide one by the other and the error multiplies. Use it to compare to fwkw on another engine and the error multiplies again. Our dyno has barro, temp and humidity compensation, is calibrated regularly and corrected to SAE J1349 which is what Tickford (FPV) and Toyota use. Unless your engine has been tested on a similarly set up engine dyn, your losses are very hard to determine.

2. Loss is not by Percentage. There is no magic formula that says a white car with 17 inch wheels on a sunny day with Auto trans 5.0 and a sunroof will losse 32.675 % to the back wheels. A given gearbox/transmission will take a certain torque to turn it over at a certain speed and temperateure. Likewise for the diff, unis, bearings, tyres etc. After this, the higher the torque being transmitted introduces a higher load on components due to the helical shape of the gears in both the box and diff, ie thrust. This also effects bearings as side loads increase. The increased friction, heat and loads increase the loss to the back wheels.
elxr8393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:45   #9 (permalink)
EFI 351c TD CORTINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yldsix
hi guys

ive email capa and asked them for an output rating for their vortech charger and i told them that i already had 130rwkw with a modded engine and they replied ssaying that to expect 250 fw kw, now if thats the case im not going to put one in cause that equates to 30 rwkw (160rwkw in total) increase for 7999.00 plus fitting, i thought ill get around 190 to 200 rwkw with this kit and my mods, im wondering if anyone out their has one with similar n/a mods that can clarify this for me or that knows more about this. It does not sound right to me cause i could get 160 rwkw with n/a mods so a supercharger should be more then that and my car is a ef2.

thanks

yldsix
for $7999, i would go get a engine rebuild and nice turbo.
thats alot of money for a blower, no exhaust parts, cooler plumbing etc.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:55   #10 (permalink)

hey can you recommend any one for this rebuild and turbo setup for 8 grand

thanks

yldsix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O