Dump pipes.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 21:43   #1 (permalink)

Dump pipes..

Gday all,
Ive just got a couple of questions, 1 is about dump pipes. On the back of my turbo goes a v-band clamp, now Ive seen these before and they just look like a glorified hose clamp, and somehow a dump pipe is sposed to go onto this? Is there any other bits that im missing coz I cant see how they put the dump pipe to the clamp, if any body has any pics or something it would be great.

And also with my wastegate, its an external with a 6psi spring, its a tial style. Tell me if this sounds right. I have a line coming out the bottom and line coming out of the top, I take it these both get joind into a t-piece then into your inlet manifold from there. Does the top line sposed to have a bleed valve (boost controller?) between the wastegate and the t-piece and thats how it adjusts its boost?

And last question, on the rocker cover there are 2 outlets, one at the back and the pcv valve at the front, its an ea. Is there any reason for the one on the back? Can that just get blocked off as well as the one on the throttle body where it connects to? Do I need catch cans or anything like that or would blocking them up work well?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

Cheers!
bluethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2004, 21:55   #2 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Re: Dump pipes..

You will need a V clamp flange welded to your dump pipe. Sphell has V clamp turbos he should have pics posted of them somewhere.

The wastegate should have one side connected to the exhaust manifold between the turbo and cylinder head. The other side should join up with the rest of your exhaust system. When the turbo spools at 6 psi the wastegate will open and let the exhaust gasses out through the wastegate to bypass the turbo wheel to stop it boosting further.

My rear hose on the rocker cover is just disconnected at the inlet manifold and the hole in the inlet is closed off.

Hope that helps.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 22:45   #3 (permalink)

Ahhhh okay, i just didn't know if i needed more than the clamp. Kewl.
Sorry, I should have explained it bit better.. i meant the vacuum lines coming out of the top and bottom sides of the wastegate for the boost controll.

Thanks for ya help anyway mate!
bluethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 23:16   #4 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Im not sure about the vacuum lines. mine is internally gated and the hose goes from the actuator and front housing.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 02:38   #5 (permalink)

The bottom of the wastegate goes to your inlet manifold. You use the top if you want more control over the boost, by connecting either to a boost controller or a pressure reg.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O