Ford Forums banner

EF manifold vs EA manifold for dizzy clearence

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  EA Turbo Clone 
#1 ·
Does anyone know weather the EA manifold has better or worse distributor clearance compared to the EF one, i have straight gas turbocharge EA motor with EF manifold and cant stop it throwing sparks from top of plugs on cap to the intake manifold?

#5 ·
yeah i have, but its pretty tight fit. Hasn't always been a problem just a new problem since i advance the timing up, it has position the lead right under the manifold (allmost touching).

#7 ·
still think try a nother spark plug /coil lead may be new but some brands a crap bought some new years ago ended up taking them back and went for a different brand.

if you have a xe dissy change the gap to suit the model of car the dizzy cam out of caps on the efi xf-au have a 1.1 gap xe have a 0.8 gap may be to much to jump the gap of the plug.

#8 ·
The dizzy is a complete XE dizzy, cap, rotor and all. And i can't put in a MPFI dizzy i don't run any engine computer on it, which was the whole idea of going to the XE Dizzy, which has mechanical advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.