Injector size and how many - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 15:07   #1 (permalink)

Injector size and how many

I am putting in an aftermarket ECU, and weighing up injectors/fuel pumps, i was thinking of running twin standard pumps, and the standard size injectors, with staged injectors as well which would be run off the second pump.

How much can you get out of the standard injectors with a regulator? from my calculations 2 extra into the throttle body should be right for 10psi boost. Am i correct?
EA Turbo Clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2003, 20:24   #2 (permalink)

Re: Injector size and how many

Need to know how much flywheel hp you are making and how much you want to make (realistically).

Also 6 "775" blue top injectors at 60psi base pressure will ONLY support 300fwhp. These are 24lb, EA ones are 19lbs.

For 400fwhp you will need ~45lb injectors minimum. The motec does sequiential injection so it can handle big injectors well.

Last edited by not ford; 11-02-2003 at 20:30.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 00:58   #3 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf

5cc will equals 1 hp so 550cc will equal 110hp per cylinder,

so six of the 550cc injectors (one per cylinder) will equal 660hp supported, but you only wanna run ur injectors at 75% duty cycle as maximum for a saftey margin, so that means the 550cc injectors will safley support 82.5hp. over 6 cylinders thats 495hp safley.

to support 600 hp you'd need six 675cc injectors.

as for fuel pumps, its hard to go past the bosch motor sports items the 0444 pump will handle 500rwhp safely.

cheers.joe.

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:46   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Find out if low impedance injectors are not that much dearer? not sure.But aftermarket can be setup to run them.[L.I]They are better with higher flow rates.. But again maybe too expensive... Most new ecu's can be set to run sequential, it's just a matter of wiring them as in std loom they are batch..joined...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:29   #5 (permalink)

I am going to run staged injection, so i will have my 6 standard injectors plus another ?? for the extra fuel, what i am not sure of is how much the standard ford injectors flow, i don't see the point in buying new injectors when i have about 18 standard EF injectors sitting there. and i figure the standard 6 plus another 6 should be more than ample, as i doubt that the engine will see over 450hp, as the turbo only flows 450hp.

Also does anyone know the impedance of the standard ford injectors? So that i can work out the load on the ECU.

I have had a change of plans and decided to go with the Wolf3D vers 4, due to price, and it does everything i need. plus the fact that it is in 125rpm increments and that i dont need a laptop to tune it.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:30   #6 (permalink)

Oh and i forgot to mention, i don't have a wiring loom on my engine i am going to make a new loom to suit what i want.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:52   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

High impedance 12 to 16 ohm..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 15:12   #8 (permalink)

As ebxr8240 said the std Ef injectors are high impedance, somewhere from 12 to 16 ohms. They apparently flow 24lbs.
If you are an electrical engineer you should own a multimeter, check the resistance between the terminals.
not ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 16:56   #9 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

why couldnt you run a second fuel rail and use low impedence injectors, wire two of them in series and hook it back to the standard ECU.

However it seems more mucking arround than using one set of high flow injectors.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:17   #10 (permalink)

Yes i own a multimetre, but that measures resistance not impedence. and i am not interested in running the standard ECU, you spend just as much money getting a chip put on one as you do buying an aftermarket computer, and the plus is with the aftermarket computer you can change the software as you want to, you don't have to go get another custom chip done to suit more upgrades.

The reason i want to run staged injection is because i have heaps of these injectors sitting around, why waste $600+ on buying low impedence injectors. Also i am under the belief that i should be able to get the car more accurately tuned with staged injection because you are still only using the 6 standard injectors to run the idle and cruise mixtures, and also it enables me easily run two fuel pumps and fuel lines.

I think when they say 24lb injectors they are refering to the fuel pressure behind the injector, you can easily run them at 40lb just by changing the regulator, which just about any supercharger kit has included with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O