Intercooling a V2 vortech blower - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 04:08   #1 (permalink)

Intercooling a V2 vortech blower

Hi fella's,

Just after info in regards to intercooling a vortech supercharger. What would give the best cooling benifit the stock capa water to air cooler or a front mount air to air unit. Been told that heat is the biggest factor in making power with a sidemount.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 23:45   #2 (permalink)
need BOOST

Re: Intercooling a V2 vortech blower

I would vote for air-to-water. The Vortech unit looks OK, LTDHO has a custom air-to-water on his beast as well...
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 00:56   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
I would vote for air-to-water. The Vortech unit looks OK, LTDHO has a custom air-to-water on his beast as well...
The setup im buying has a capa water to air unit and i was wondering if it would be better to put a air to air on it. A nice big polished air to air would look mad in the front of a Ba's front bar.

Have seen quite a few charged SS's running around with big air to air cooler's on the front so i was thinking theyt might be a better way to go.

Old 08-18-2005, 19:21   #4 (permalink)
need BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
The setup im buying has a capa water to air unit and i was wondering if it would be better to put a air to air on it. A nice big polished air to air would look mad in the front of a Ba's front bar.
Like Graham said on the other forum, air to water for drags, and air to air for street (and circuit). Apparantly air to air takes too long to start working for 1/4 mile.

No doubt a polished FMIC would look pretty awesome behind the front bar of your green beast

I'be interested in buying the air to water setup if you don't use it...I probably couldn't afford it, but would definitely be interested lol
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 17:04   #5 (permalink)
UCNTRY

why dont yous look at co2 squirters or water squirters onto the front of an air to air intercooler if u want to run them at the drags one thing to do at drags is just before you run use a co2 fire extinguisher on the intercooler
UCNTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 00:55   #6 (permalink)

How much of a difference would there be between the two types of cooler's on the street.

Old 08-31-2005, 23:01   #7 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

try a snow kit.. about 399 US from memory. water meth. only works under boost.
http://www.snowperformance.net/
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:44   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcoupe95
try a snow kit.. about 399 US from memory. water meth. only works under boost.
http://www.snowperformance.net/
Nice stang you have there mate, i want to bring a 97 cobra over but am having trouble finding prices for conversion's. Any suggestions...............

Will let you know how the water to air cooler fared later next week.

Old 09-16-2005, 23:21   #9 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Nice stang you have there mate, i want to bring a 97 cobra over but am having trouble finding prices for conversion's. Any suggestions...............
had mine done thru crossover conversions in melbourne. full mirror image... about 16k complied
www.crossovercarconversions.com.au
.. try a stang out of japan a little better on prices and more car transport options from jap to aussie than from the US.. theres a few websites that sell complete cars with pics that are located in japan and you buy direct and they organise freight and taxes.
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 23:50   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcoupe95
had mine done thru crossover conversions in melbourne. full mirror image... about 16k complied
www.crossovercarconversions.com.au
.. try a stang out of japan a little better on prices and more car transport options from jap to aussie than from the US.. theres a few websites that sell complete cars with pics that are located in japan and you buy direct and they organise freight and taxes.
Any links for those sites mate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O

« Turbo eb | Ea Turbo »