Ford Forums banner

methanol

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  buzz 
#1 ·
Ok i have a xa fairmont with a 351c and a 4 barrel thermoquad carby.
A bloke at work was telling me that u can construct a simple methanol injection system that goes straight into your carby. Its a cheap way for a bit of that extra boost

1) You tip all the water out off your window wiper bottles and fill with methanol
2) Then disconnect your window cleaner jets( sorry dont know technical name)
3) Then you buy some tubing and connect it to the window cleaners and run it into your carby
4) So when you push the button to clean your windscreen you are making the methanol go into the carby

What i want to know is has any one ever heard of this?
Will it affect components inside of my engine?
Is it possible to make it with out having to disconnect my windscreen cleaners?

#2 ·
is methonol the 109 octane fuel or is it different again an does th 109 octane gice more power i read the speed mag and there was a 5kkw difference between 97 and 109 on a lancer evo the lil ricer it is

#4 ·
Too hard to tune.O/k for water injection to prevent detonation etc..Isn't methonol hard on some metal etc??

#7 ·
LTDHO said:
Yeah what 9psi said.

Also this is knoe good for those who's wipes go when the swirter is activated. Methanol is nothing like a octaine booster, more of a cooler burner..
lol..i thought all wipers go when the washer is activated for more than 2 seconds?..just imagine some1 with their wipers goin everytime they want some more power from their methanol injection system:p

#11 ·
get a carb spacer plate, drill some holes, stick some jets in it, and let the manifold vacuum suck the meth in. no real power gains but it does cool the charge substatially. So I've been told.
You've got to fiddle around to get the right size jets but.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.