New 07 Stang - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 10:36   #1 (permalink)

New 07 Stang

Hello guys:

I just purchased a new 07 GT with the 300 hp 4.6. Tremendous low end torque between the red lights.

However, I would like to do some upgrades but dont want to ruin my factory 3-36 warranty.

Can I get a supercharger installed at the dealership thru Ford without messing up my warranty? I really would like more horsepower.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
ford123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2006, 16:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: New 07 Stang

Try this, fordracingparts.com

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 19:12   #3 (permalink)

No, Ford doesnt have a charger that will attach to a 4.6L, neither would they do it aftermarket. Even if you had a 5.4L truck, they wouldnt just install an Eaton on it, even though they do have those. Bolt on accessories may add a couple horses and do NOT change warrenty. They might try to tell that they do, but it must cause a significant change to the drivetrain to do so. But bolt on stuff doesnt do as advertised. Those guys who add a K&N filter, then an aftercat exaust arent realy doing anything. These engines are designed to give as much horse as they are configured for, and if there were "free" horses waiting to be let loose, they would of done it. Nitrous, turbos and superchargers add alot of power, but also cost alot, void warrenty, AND make reliability go down the drain.
robertdt1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 15:47   #4 (permalink)
Drive Ford Work on Jeeps

i have to disagree with the last post. especially to the last sentence. yes they do cost alot at the dealer, but they do not void warranty if installed at authorized ford dealer, and reliablty only goes down if you are constantly beating the dog crap out of it. i work at chrylser jeep store in fort wayne and we have a brother ford store in new haven that install supercharger on in warranty vehicles. they dont void warranty because the tune the car conservative. if you dont belive me call out there. here a yahoo link to the addresse and phone number Yahoo! Yellow Pages - O'Daniel Automotive Group
umbrobryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30   #5 (permalink)

That is very rare for a dealer to install aftermarket kits on vehicles. They do make reliability go down the drain if not tuned conservatively, and because most people who think they can install the equipment can not. The paperwork on a warrenty claims that if you change the drivetrain significantly, you will void the warrenty. If you add say nitro to a vehicle, then take it in because the rear end is leaking, they will probably fix it. If you add nitro and a valve is damaged....they are going to blame the nitro. You can say no no no all day long, but if you work for a dealer, you have been trained to say that.
Old 06-05-2007, 16:33   #6 (permalink)
Drive Ford Work on Jeeps

Sorry I wasnt more specific. I am refering to Factory replacement perfomance parts. NOT Aftermarket. This is for example. At the Chrysler Jeep store i work at, i or you can purchase over the counter replacment performance parts. SRT-4 - you can get 3 different performance kits for it. bigger turbo, injectors, wastegates, limited slip diff, cat delete, it goes on. i also know for a fact that our warranty admin. purchased and 06 Saleen N/A. decided to supercharge. our ford store installed a roush supercharger on it and the vehicle still retains factory warranty. this is dealer installed ford perfomance parts. what dealer would install something that would void warranty. it would be setting them self up for a lawsuit. this is enough said on this post. if you dont belive me call the above posted link and ask for someone in service or in parts.
Old 06-05-2007, 18:22   #7 (permalink)

If a supervisor asked for a part to be installed on a car, Im sure the peons did it. He can say its under warrenty all day long, the fact is...it is NOT. Now because he is an admin, he can have the car worked on as he wanted Im sure. Roush is NOT factory parts moron, they are Roush parts. Go to the website to see them for yourself.
Old 06-06-2007, 19:27   #8 (permalink)
Drive Ford Work on Jeeps

Did you call and ask? Because it is really just that simple. Try it. You will be surprised.
Old 06-07-2007, 00:39   #9 (permalink)

I would be surprised to find out that Roush is his own company AND Ford uses EATON superchargers? I already know that, anything else you might of heard is bogus. Im sure the cupcake that answers phones over there cant answer those questions either. Also what one dealership decides to do, is up to them. If they want to install aftermarket trash on peoples vehicles, they can do so. Dont expect them to stand behind it.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Ahh ? so they are trash ??? Hmmm
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O