Pistons and rods for Turbo I6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 04:41   #1 (permalink)
UCNTRY

Pistons and rods for Turbo I6

Ive heard that the combination of ACL Forgies and Hemi 265 rods is the best way to go in an I6 when using a turbo. Has anyone used this combination and how much did it cost?? Also where abouts did you get it done??
UCNTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 23:10   #2 (permalink)
UCNTRY

Re: Pistons and rods for Turbo I6

Hello??
UCNTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:28   #3 (permalink)

If you bothered to read any of the past posts you may have found that a "stock" engine is capable 200+rwkw. Secondly ACL don't make forgies the do Hyper-eutectic (sp). The weakest link I have found is the pistons, I have cracked the ring lands on #6 twice now (to much timing). "Custom" forgies (no off the shelf job available) may cost in the order of $1500. Now some BA's and an EL doing low 10's with stock rods (I think???) so don't both just clean them up. The main cause of rod failure is over reving.

I hope this helps
blown EF 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:16   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

They take up to 300 rwkw...If thats your target then I'd fit arp bolts and have rod resized..Yep and keep rpm under 6.000 rpm..Keep good tune...Detonation KILLS good engines....

What is the length and size of journal . big and little ends..I'll check with Eagle or Scat etc???
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:36   #5 (permalink)
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo

i got 265 rods in my engine but i had to get the forged pistons made up, not cheap $1500, plus the rods, shot peened, ARP bolts etc cost me almost $550
Old 02-21-2005, 18:16   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf6250
i got 265 rods in my engine but i had to get the forged pistons made up, not cheap $1500, plus the rods, shot peened, ARP bolts etc cost me almost $550
If thats the price of good pistons then what I paid for a V8 is about right..
For TOP line pistons I suggest http://www.cppistons.com/ Through Australian suppliers http://www.qri.biz/content.asp They will make your piston to whatever crown,pin height / bore etc you want.They are specifically designed for forced inducton. They;re also capable of runing tight clearances...C.P pistons are used in Nascar engines etc...So you can chose an Eagle rod with correct big end bearing dia then make custom piston to suit..From ph call to Quantum to delivery was just under two weeks, so don't worry about delivery etc...
Again though this is for all out top combo...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 00:15   #7 (permalink)

I just sold a set of beam polished and remanufactured hemi rods. You missed out by about 2 days. What HP are you after?
ltd351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O