S/C + Turbo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2005, 21:04   #1 (permalink)

S/C + Turbo

hey guys, i have a close-to-stock Capri SA, no exhaust or anything but just strengthened internals. The turbo was reconditioned with a steel turbine, so it can handle a bit of boost, and so far ive had the thing up to 22psi, and she has alot of power, and struggles to find traction lol.

But i was thinking, alot of people these days are going the S/C + Turbo path, so if i was to run lets say 10psi on the turbo, and put a little toyota blower off a 11GZE or 4AGZE onto it running 10psi also, would it be alot faster? I know the overall boost will be similar, but i would get power through the entire rev range, and more torque wouldnt i?

Would it be a big job to do? i would imagine it would only require some brackets and some pipe-work........

let me know your thoughts.
codo3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 01:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: S/C + Turbo

hmmmm, interesting. Why not just run more boost?
if your worried about lag then a S/C isnt a fix IMO. Use a better matched turbo, and look at your intercooler pipes, manifold, tune, even diff, etc. Theres cheaper and easier ways to fix a laggy turbo setup. My 2 cents.
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:07   #3 (permalink)

Its not so much just to get rid of the turbo lag, its also because its rare and very different. Realistically though its impossible to get boost from the word go with a turbo, and this is why i think that a supercharger would come in handy, especially with the B6 engine in the capri as it isnt exactly torquey.
codo3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:07   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Try better exhaust especially dump pipe area...Higher boost and good tune...If the mufflers have baffles in them? Exchange them for some straight through types..Turbo's perform better with no restricton..
Thought of lower final drive ??
When turbine wheels were replaced he may have fitted bigger..Meaning its more laggy now....Does it have more @ higher rpm than before?? Also the steel wheels are heavier...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O