Ford Forums banner

SpiralMax -

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  maydec 
#1 ·
Can anyone confirm that this system could be added to the Ford Boss 290 V8 on a GT. It is manufactured in the US and from info seems to increase horsepower by about 35% ( so they say )

SpiralMax ® is a combination vortex generator, velocity stack, and venturi, made of stainless steel, installed in the air path, that extends the resident time between gas and air, maximizing vaporization for better combustion. It's beneficial for the engine, and is compatible and enhances the performance of all common aftermarket products, it is synergistic.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Full details can be found on the following website -

http://www.spiralmax.com/

Ciao - James

#2 ·
35% extra power and 31% better fuel economy all for $69.95 :rofl:

These devices are next to useless, basically the same thing as the hyclone that has been around for years and discussed on these forums a number of times. The fact is that if they did even a tenth of what they claim then car manufacturers would install them on ever production car made instead of spending millions of dollars in development of lower emissions and more powerful cars. They theory works in some vehicles where there is a restrictive part of the intake system (mainly the carby on older engines), but the effect wears off a short distance from the unit. On EFI cars the inlet runners are fairly long often with plenum tanks etc so there is no way the effect from these devices could make it to the cylinder.

If you want to try go ahead, I guess you will only loose $70US + shipping, but IMO don't expect to gain anything.

#3 ·
i haven't read it but idoubt it !
35% wow that would be nearly 100 kw increase on a gt !!
gotta get one ! would be the best kept secret around !

sorry ! I doubt it would help much inpower but may increase torque at part throttle, which may help but not 35%

#4 ·
EDXR8 said:
35% extra power and 31% better fuel economy all for $69.95 :rofl:

These devices are next to useless, basically the same thing as the hyclone that has been around for years and discussed on these forums a number of times. The fact is that if they did even a tenth of what they claim then car manufacturers would install them on ever production car made instead of spending millions of dollars in development of lower emissions and more powerful cars. They theory works in some vehicles where there is a restrictive part of the intake system (mainly the carby on older engines), but the effect wears off a short distance from the unit. On EFI cars the inlet runners are fairly long often with plenum tanks etc so there is no way the effect from these devices could make it to the cylinder.

If you want to try go ahead, I guess you will only loose $70US + shipping, but IMO don't expect to gain anything.
Thanks for confirming what I thought would be the case.

Ciao - James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.