Stage 3 Snort FFI turbo on 4.1 XF? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 03:01   #1 (permalink)
Big plans need big money.

Question Stage 3 Snort FFI turbo on 4.1 XF?

Hey guys,
was poking round eBay for some taillights when I came across snort's stage 3 turbo kit for the XF, here's what the description reads:

ITEMS INCLUDE HYBRID SUPER TO4E TURBOCHARGER WITH .50 A/R COMPRESSOR AND .70 A/R EXHAUST FOR SUPER QUICK SPOOL. CUSTOM 316 GRADE S/S RACE TURBO MANIFOLD (40MM PORT RUNNERS)

50MM EXTERNAL RACEGATE , TEFLON S/S BRAIDED OIL FEED LINE, OIL DRAIN LINES AND FITTINGS, OIL SENDER T , GASKETS AND V-CLAMP SET

3 INCH S/S DUMP PIPE AND 2 INCH S/S SCREAMER PIPE (FROM WASTEGATE).

THIS SETUP WILL SUIT FITMENT TO XF FALCONS ALLOY HEAD DIRECT BOLT ON

SYSTEM WILL REQUIRE INSTALLATION OF FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER AND POWER CHIP OR ENGINE MANAGEMENT UPGRADE

Claims it can do 550+ HP

Have any of you guys had any experience with these kits? I'm looking at doing up my 86 XF EFI auto sedan, been told i'll need a transmission kit and a few other things.

My main concerns would be:
Street legality (Vic).
Installation Cost.
Any other mods required for such a setup.

Any light on this would be ace,
Josh

PS - I never got round to finding any tailights, if any ones got a righthand xf sedan taillight they'd like to get rid of... PM ME!
mopjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 00:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: Stage 3 Snort FFI turbo on 4.1 XF?

XF's dont like to have boost running through the standard airbox/meter, but it can be done with a good tune, and adjusting the air meter/air box flap. Legal wise it is illegal to have, but your not going to get busted by the cops are you? You can get an engineers report anyway and make it legal. Not sure for installation costs, have a crack yourself and its free ;-) It all depends what boost/power you want running through your engine, a borg warner auto has no chance of standing any power upgrades, you would need a C4 auto. http://www.snortperformance.com
fOrD mAn Xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O