Ford Forums banner

Superchargers available for Grand Marquis'?

29K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a 97 Merc Grand Marquis and I can't seem to find a supercharger kit for my car... Is it even doable or possible ? I'm fairly new to this, but I want to overhaul my car :\

#2 ·
unforunately, there is no supercharger currently offered for pre '99 Crown Vics/Marquis.

You could either swap your top end out for a newer crown vic top end and use the allen supercharger made for the '99+, or swap on a mustang top end (in which case you could use any 4.6L mustang gt supercharger)

#4 ·
#5 ·
Am I looking at the wrong things or are you talking about the vortec cyclone "supercharger" and things like that? I'm kind've confused about this whole bit... Im kind've looking for something that'll boost more than 3-10horsepower for $80.. I'm looking for around a 70-80hp gain.. Right now I'm riding around 285.. I plan on hooking up an ECU that'll add 30-40, intake for 12-15, which would put me around 327-352... if I'm lucky.

#6 ·
#8 ·
97Marquis said:
Wow, yeah, I completely missed that whole bit.. heh, how do I know which system would best fit my engine though ?
I'm not in the least knowledgable about your car, but I'm sure it's similar engine to Crown Vic etc??? Whatever would work on a 4.6 would work on your engine..
It's just room and alittle fabrication to set it up...
This is my twin turbo engined Ford ...There are NO kits for these but I went ahead anyway...

Sufe through here Superchargers - Corral Forums There's heaps of people doing similar to mainly Mustangs ....The For sale section would be of intetrest too....Power Adders - Corral Forums
Hope this helps....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.