Turbo Chassis - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: LTD(LWB) or XD-XF(normal) chassis?
Long wheel base LTD/Fairlane 5 41.67%
XD-XF Falcon 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 10:06   #1 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Turbo Chassis

Ok I know this should be in a different section, but im only interested in TURBO peoples opinions on this, not "just get a V8 mate!"

My Fairlane chassis is sh*t. The body has heaps of dents, abit of rust and teh suspension is gone to hell!

Ive only got a few more parts left before i can finsih the 4.1 turbo and start seeing some decent power. SO the question is:

1. Get a Fairlane/LTD and chuck it all in there with the benefit that they come with LSD standard. Have a sortof LWB luxury cruiser (im lookin at adjustable AGX shocks for adjustable race/cruise ride) with some crazy power or...

2. A XD-XF with Fairlane/LTD front and back (i hate the XD-XF front) and chuck the 4.1 turbo possibly with a supra or any manual box in there. I like to take the corners pretty hard and arent a big fan of teh LWB handlingwise

Ultimately im looking for what will be most in demand and will sell the most for.
Any thoughts...?

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2004, 23:48   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: Turbo Chassis

What ever is out there at the time you look is the best body etc for you...
A Fairlane would be a good cruzzer ...Esp as turbo's make plenty of torque the extra weight won't matter too much...Unless you are into drag racing...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:55   #3 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

A Fairlane/LTD would be the go IMO, you get the luxury and the performance. Like yourself the idea of throwing an XF around corners quickly doesn't appeal to me. But buying a newer car will bring more interest then an XF, I have seen so many of them turbo;d and blown it aint funny. Who really wants an XF? They are old, motors are inifecent, interiors aren;t anything to write home about, go the newer LTD, 'Lane IMHO.
Ta
Cam
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Visit The new Re-Designed FastFords.org
FastFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:53   #4 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

uuum, i was talkin about the ZL series Fairlanes which are pretty much an XF that has been stretched a bit. While theyre both relatievly crap handling-wise the falcon is better than the fairlane no doubt.

What im askin is, what would people pay more for- a turbo falcon or a turbo fairlane?

Just another Eseries...
Old 07-07-2004, 05:21   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Do for you own satisfaction both ways you loose money if you intend to sell...
Btw it would possibly sell for more without turbo..Unless it went like a cut cat and MINT condition all through, like new...
Remember the cheapest thing about buying a car is buying it in the first place...
R.I.P Possum...
Old 07-07-2004, 05:37   #6 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Remember the cheapest thing about buying a car is buying it in the first place...

Best advice I've heard in years.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Modifying a vehicle is NOT an investment.
If you wanna get your money back, go buy a house.
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:44   #7 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Generally speaking you are all correct about losing money on modifying cars, but this is a little different.

How much would you be willing to pay for an older model falcon turbo? My estimate was up to $10,000, minimum $5,000. Ive seen em round that mark so I assume i could sell it at that price which is less than what i have put in to it.

And no need to tell me that ill never turbo a falcon on the cheap. ill post a buildup when im done so it can be debated then.

Just another Eseries...
Old 07-08-2004, 03:57   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Asking $10k and getting $10k is two different things..
But by all means do it if you want..
Learn heaps as you go....
R.I.P Possum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O