Ford Forums banner

Turbo Manifolds & Intercooler Installs

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Jack Rodgers 
#1 ·
Hey guys ...

i dont really know wher to post this but im moving to melb from sydney next week and am going to start doing turbo manifolds and intercooler installs from home .. as well as some engine building ... if anyone wants details u can email me on branko377@optusnet.com.au

thanks

#2 ·
I may be intereseted in one for an I6. How much will you charge and what quality should I expect?.. Im sure there are others who would like to know aswell.

#3 ·
it all depends on what u want.. if u want a manifold thats all linished no welds on runners , only on collector , coated and milled flat after welding ur looking around the $900 - $1000 mark. But if ur after a manifold which u just want to bolt on a turbo and u dont mind seeing all the welds which will be neat TIG welding anyways and uncoated ur looking around 650 - 700 . itll be cheaper for 4 cylinders as theres less work .

#4 ·
Hey guys .. forgot to add i also do complete turbo installations .. this is one of my kits .. comments on it please ..

This is a setup i can offer which is a 2 week drive in - drive out deal ...

1 .. custom manifold .. good flowing design and not a log
setup which is cheap n easy to make ..
2 .. A big rated turbo such as a GT30 or GT35 as 4.0L engines wont be too laggy
with these and will make good power .internal or external
wastegate ?? up to customer .
3 .. A front mount intercooler with 2.5 or 3 inch cooler piping all HPC coated to keep engine bay temps down inc. all silicone hoses and clamps
4 .. Adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator to bump up the pressure a bit for the
standard injectors .. to an extent..
5 .. Boost controller
6 .. Sump modified for an oil drain line * all speedflow alloy fittings used *
7 .. Oil supply lines and water cooler hoses for turbo
8 .. Dump pipe
9 .. pod style filter
10 .. Plus fitting and installation of turbo kit

Prices of the complete kit is :

1. manifold - 700
2. Turbo - 2500
3. Intercooler and piping - 1200
4.Fuel Pressure Regulator - 190
5.boost controller - 80
6.Sump modification - 90
7.oil n water lines - 90
8.Dump pipe - 250
9.K&N Filter -130
10.Installation - 350

Total Cost : $5580

I can do this complete for $ 5300

#5 ·
Pluss Injectors and ecu $3k...

#7 ·
if your running low boost (8psi > x ) you wont have to change injectors/ecu?

#9 ·
have u ever done a TT for a V8???

YLD-377 said:
Hey guys ...

i dont really know wher to post this but im moving to melb from sydney next week and am going to start doing turbo manifolds and intercooler installs from home .. as well as some engine building ... if anyone wants details u can email me on branko377@optusnet.com.au

thanks

#12 ·
YLD-377 said:
The cooler is a 600 x 300 x 76 mm Bar and plate cooler . Or if u wish a tube and fin . up to you .

and no ive never done a TT v8 but id be able to do it .. not that much difference
Hmmm I'd do a turbo six any day over V8...
I'v done & assisted in both clearance wise six is WAY easy....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.