Turboing my EA, HELP plz. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2003, 04:22   #1 (permalink)

Turboing my EA, HELP plz.

hey, i have just bought a turbo off a RB20DET and i am going to be installing it into my 1990 ea falcon which has a 3.9 CFI engine, the main thing that i want to know is about mounting the piping to the carbie. i want to know if i should just take off the air filter assembley and get a custom intake made or if i can just take out the airfilter and run the assembley into the piping(will it handle the pressure?). also any other help would be great with installing it. i also wanted to know what the little hoses are that come off the turbo for your boost controller and how to hook them up.
these are the things that i have thought of so far:

getting turbo manifold
cutting exaust and rewelding the end to fit
cut off the cat converter heat protection and using fiberclass wrap
drilling holes in sump for oil
new air filter
piping
BOV
boost controller

thx for an help

Last edited by hoelicker; 10-24-2003 at 06:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2003, 04:36   #2 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

Re: Turboing my EA, HELP plz.

1) that turbo is way to small for your 3.9
2) CFI sucks (i know mine was cfi)
3) you have bitten off a huge chunk buying a turbo and basing a turbo setup arround if.
4) check out this thread for requirements.
Compiling list for Turbo

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Old 10-22-2003, 06:35   #3 (permalink)

never mind the a-hole cancled the sale at ebay, so im not getting that turbo anymore. what do you think of this one, i know that i will need a wastegate and to get it rebuilt but thats not to bad. will it be alright or is it still to small.

Item is as per the picture, a 350hp+ Mitsubishi turbo charger. It is to suit a 2.5-3ltr engine. It does require reconditioning as the bearings are a little sloppy now. The internal wastegate has also be closed up so it will require an external gate to be fitted. Exhaust flange is a T3 pattern so will bolt direct to most 6cylinder Nissans or just make a custom manifold to suit your application. ID tag reads- TD06-19C Serial Number- H27003 Part number- 49179-01080 Exhaust housing is 10cm This is a no reserve auction
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b0_1.jpg (21.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-23-2003, 02:07   #4 (permalink)

hoelicker If the turbo came off a 4 cylinder then the exhaust housing will be too small. A better turbo on the cheap would be a RB25DET or VG30DET. VG30DET's have sold for as little as $250 2nd hand.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:22   #5 (permalink)

ok i think i'll have a look at sum wreckers around brissie, ive also been told that it would be cheaper to twin turbo the car rather than a single. is this really a better idea? i ve come up with a price and i reckon that i can spend about up to $500 just on the turbos, so are there any other ideas for the turbo/s? thx for any help.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:14   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Unless you are real good a fabing metalwork etc spend the $$$ and buy a single. As in T04.. AR exhaust under 1.00..Read up on turbo sizing. A VG30 is around the size of a T3 be o/k on youre engine as with std throttle body injection possibly won't take too much extra CFM or it will run heaps lean...You'll need an inline efi fuel pump..Another injector/s.. The vac line to the wastegate[dashpot] goes to vacuum/ pressure on inlet anywhere...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
Old 10-24-2003, 01:04   #7 (permalink)
now with EF power!

MPI First!!!

Someone had to say it

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
Old 10-24-2003, 03:36   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danege
MPI First!!!

Someone had to say it
yeh, smartass! LOL. i would sell it and buy another fuel injected EA but wats the point, cause if i sell this EA im buyin a rotor, they piss on everything out there.
P.S. no offence to u ford lovers out there, but u have to admit that it is true.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:42   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs down Re: Turboing my EA, HELP plz.

and also danege, i dont mean this in a bad way but wat the f#$k were u thinking buying sony explod, pioneer and US audio? like really man u should do some research or something before u buy, because that shit is really, really lame dude.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:49   #10 (permalink)

biggrin Re: Turboing my EA, HELP plz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danege
MPI First!!!

Someone had to say it
man after seeing ur car i would rather have my CFI EA any day, like u shouldnt be talking about anyone elses shit until u do something urself, a auto wholly f*#k thats funny and nice mags mate, not. ha ha ha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O