Vortech V-1 Supecharger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 23:08   #1 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Vortech V-1 Supecharger

Has anyone run one of these? My main concern is that they are suppose to be fairly loud and I don't want to draw the attention of the cops. Planning on running 10psi if that makes a diffrence. My other option is to run a Powerdyne supercharger, but they max out at 8psi.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2004, 23:39   #2 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

Re: Vortech V-1 Supecharger

No idea about the vortech mate, but i think you'll find the powerdynes are normally 9psi kits, although i think you can just get a smaller pulley which willl make more boost.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 00:11   #3 (permalink)

For the V8's CAPA rate the Powerdynes at 8psi but they often don't even produce that.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:56   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Vortech or single turbo...Though 8 Lp would be heaps with good heads cam etc... Powerdyne doesn't seem to be very durable, the belt needs replacing often...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:56   #5 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

JMM use a powerdyne on Brendon's EF, they made 300rwkws on 5.5psi...he's planning on running 15psi...I think a call to JMM would in order...

you know, I have given JMM shit in the past, but despite they're sometimes poor service they do provide a bloody good product and are always updating a adding to their line-up...sorry if that sounded like a plug, but I feel bad for some of my past comments...

Dave.
-------------------------------
"Can't sleep, Clown'll eat me, can't sleep, clown'll eat me"
"I am the angel of death, the time of purification is at hand"
-------------------------------
fordboy1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:03   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordboy1996
JMM use a powerdyne on Brendon's EF, they made 300rwkws on 5.5psi...he's planning on running 15psi...I think a call to JMM would in order...

you know, I have given JMM shit in the past, but despite they're sometimes poor service they do provide a bloody good product and are always updating a adding to their line-up...sorry if that sounded like a plug, but I feel bad for some of my past comments...

Dave.
If he is upping it to 15psi he won't be running the powerdyne, they max out at 9psi. I initially wanted a powerdyne setup, but I have been advised that on modified engines the Powerdynes don't last that long so I should upgrade to a Vortech.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:35   #7 (permalink)

Thats what CAPA told me too! Our engines will consume more Boost the more efficient they get. Thats prolly why Brendon's EF only runs 5.5 psi as it's all the lil pump can produce on such an engine. Whats Brendons other mods?
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:33   #8 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR8
My main concern is that they are suppose to be fairly loud and I don't want to draw the attention of the cops.
You could always run a V2 blower with thier silent drive or whatever its called, it's just heard over engine at idle other then that engine noise in generally louder.
If you were to run a power dyne I'd be adding decent pipes, aftermarket ECU and a cooler and you'l be close to the power you'd get out of a stock V1 kit at the p/d 8PSI anyway I'd reakon.
P.S. 15psi on a powerdyne will never happen

Ta
Cam
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Visit The new Re-Designed FastFords.org
FastFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 00:40   #9 (permalink)
1 of 55 in NZ

powerdyne have a smaller pulley for the blowers and they wil make 9-12 psi if u dont go overboard with cam overlap.laying off th cam alil and makn more boost will giv more power an u wont have to rev the engine so hard to get there like the vortech 1s.belts last 50000+ ks so wats the big deal.an keeping the revs down increases engine life,wat?r u guys made of money?
tony mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:04   #10 (permalink)

Very much so Yes we are made of.....Oh hang on you said money! I thought you said Monkeys!
9-12psi on Edxr8's setup through a Powerdyne is a lil much to ask of the lil thing!
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Superchargers | Turbos | N2O