Ford Forums banner

XC i6 Supercharger?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EDXR8 
#1 ·
Hey, i cna pick this supercharger up for $400, wanting it for my 4.1 XC, but it's a 'toyota supercharger', all the ones of these I've heard about are supposed to be very small and lack performance in high RPM, I'll give you the discription I got for it.

"Toyota blower, clean, spins freely and pumps air has pully. comes with mount for ford 250 engine and is complete, second hand"

I asked him what psi it was capable of, apparently with the right pully it'd reach 15 psi, which is kinda doubtful, heh. It's supposed to move air fine and came off an XD Falcon.

Hmm... I've got a pic of it, if I can figure out these attachments.

Anyways, think this is big enough to run a decent boost on a 250 crossflow? And is it a good buy?

Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Off a two Litre or 4AGZE? Either way they're too small.Imo

#3 ·
There have been a number of people who have tried to fit these blowers to the 4.1L engines, most seem to get 1-3psi boost at max without going over the manufacturers rpm limit. As for 15psi haha, I heard of one person overdriving them and making 4psi on a 4.1L XF but the blower didn't last long, 3000kms from memory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.